Under the guidance of the Assistant Director, Staffing Center of Expertise, the Recruiter supports campus hiring initiatives and collaborates with other HR team members to provide quality recruitment services. This will include helping to develop recruitment plans, job advertising, sourcing & attracting qualified candidates, Diversity outreach, screening resumes, assisting with interview process, Assessing candidates, reference checking, supporting management and specialty positions and advising hiring authorities on selection procedures in compliance with Federal and State laws and University policies. The Analyst IV will support Full-Life cycle/End-to-end recruitments.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
Background Check Required:
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment and outreach activities. A minimum of three years recent recruitment experience in a university healthcare or similar setting. (Staffing Agency experience)
- Experience with employment and selection programs and services, such as background/reference checks, salary administration, developing job announcements, etc.
- Demonstrated skills to conduct analysis, assess candidates and develop selection recommendations with search committees & hiring authorities.
- Experience with HRIS, applicant tracking systems and LinkedIn. PeopleSoft and/or PeopleAdmin is preferred.
- Experience with recruitment advertising, knowledge of websites and associations related to diversity and understanding outreach. Knowledge of local, state and national community organizations, institutions, and activities that provide resources for recruitment efforts.
- Experience and knowledge of theory and practices pertaining to employment, employee recruitment and selection related to ADA, AA/EEO, Veterans, Discrimination, etc.
- Analytical skills and experience in interpreting and applying policies and procedures related to employment law.
- Experience with building candidate applicant pools through sourcing passive candidates
- Experience interfacing with all levels of management on employment/selection/outreach issues.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications including writing, research, and public presentation skills as well as establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with "client" populations, including hiring authorities and the general public consisting of diverse backgrounds.
- Computer skills utilizing the Internet, LinkedIn and MS Office software - Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience interacting with all levels of personnel and leadership in the institution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field or equivalent experience
- Recruitment certification or formalized training is preferred i.e., AITS, RACR, ASA, CCR, LinkedIn, etc.
- Working knowledge of campus policies and procedures; knowledge of functional area and understands how work may impact other areas.