Come create the technology that helps the world act together.
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.Systems Architecture comprises capturing of business, operational, technical, and non-functional requirements from stakeholders and the delivery of architecture and product requirements to meet the defined needs and constraints. This includes processing of the application, use case, and feature requirements into conceptual models, operational scenarios, technical requirements, and functional descriptions. Systems Architecture requires broad system and product architecture competence coupled with detailed knowledge of related standards and technologies.The Optical Networks Business Unit has an opportunity for a Sr. Systems Architect to support the definition of security architecture and requirements for our optical network products and related management and control systems. This role requires someone who is an expert in FIPS and Common Criteria standards as well as Optical Data Center customer needs for high-capacity network transport security and encryption.
What you will learn and contribute to
- Work with product line management, business development teams, and customers to define the security strategy and feature roadmap for our optical network products and management and control systems.
- Act as the prime technical liaison to outside companies that certify product compliance with FIPS, NIAP, and Common Criteria as well as other future standards.
- Work with the Security Audit team, answer RFPs, and coordinate work efforts with security standards organizations.
- Recommend product evolution of physical, firmware, and software architectures and designs related to security and encryption.
- Author requirements documents for the development team and be the primary source of information for customer documentation and high-level description documents of security and encryption used by certification organizations.
- Drive system features throughout the development life cycle, including the review of architecture, design, test plans, and customer documentation, to ensure that they are fully aligned with the business objectives.
- Respond to feature definition and requirements clarification questions from the development teams in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide detailed feature communication (technical and non-technical) for purposes of training of sales teams, product management teams, etc. as required to ensure synchronization and communication of future and current architectural plans.
Your skills and experience
- M.S. in Telecommunications/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Optics/Physics or related field and 4+ years experience in network security specification, design, and/or development; or B.S. and 8+ years experience in the same.
- Knowledge of Security Standards, including GR-815, ITU-T X805, IETF, FIPS, Common Criteria and Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
- Knowledge of centralized access control methodologies and implementation of AAA services such as RADIUS, LDAP and TACACS+
- Familiarity with multiple identifications and authentication techniques such as biometric identification, single sign-on, and 2-factor authentication.
- Knowledge of tools and attack techniques typically used in penetration testing, and countermeasures needed to be implemented to protect against such attacks
- Well-versed in application program security to deal with dynamically changing issues such as web application and XML (and other metadata languages), digital signature for DB and SW images, information integrity, and nodal authentication via OSPF LSA using MD5 or equivalent
- Knowledge of cryptographic concepts, methodologies, and common practices.
- Be able to specify in detail the concept of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Hands-on experience with various routing protocols (BGP, RIP, OSPF) and IP stacks (IPv4, IPv6).
- Be able to set up, diagnose, and recommend corrected procedures in customer deployed DCN networks
- Customer Security Requirements, firewall, IPSec, SSL VPN, Encryption, content security, vulnerabilities, etc.
- Security Certifications a plus - CISSP, CISA, SSCP
- Solid communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Capable of driving issues to resolution and providing technical leadership for geographically distributed / cross-functional teams.
- Capacity and interest to learn new technical areas and products.
- Reasonably flexible to work outside of normal working hours as need to accommodate globally distributed teams in different time zones.
- Able to travel a reasonable amount of time, both overseas and within North America, as required.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.