Position- Director of Operations
Schedule- Monday – Friday Hours Between 8am – 5pm
Salary- Grade G08 $83,969.60 - $99,819.20 To Start
Requirements for Success in Your Role:
Social Action Community Health System is committed to providing accessible, whole-person health care to all those in need through the delivery of culturally sensitive and high-quality comprehensive services. SACHS team members demonstrate a passion for their teams and a passion for service while continuously building a trusting, safe, and patient-centered workplace. Our SACHS team members have the ability to consistently work with rotating doctors, residents and interns and have the ability to collaborate, teach, support, and function in a teaching organization.
The Director of Operations reports directly to the COO and will provide overall leadership and coordination for SACHS facilities. The Director of Operations will work to establish the SACHS model in new locations, managing teams that will attempt to bring together all of the various pieces necessary to open and move SACHS community clinics and will closely focus on the strategies required to open SACHS clinics. The Director of Operations will assist to ensure that all clinics can become sustainable and are operating in the most efficient and effective manner. In addition, the Director of Operations will assist in continually refining the overall expansion strategy and start-up process, and will work with other team members to improve upon the SACHS model.
- Analyze viability of opening SACHS community clinics in specific locations, with particular emphasis on operational structure and strategies. Assess feasibility and make recommendations to rest of the senior management team
- Analyze patient population data to assess the feasibility and make recommendations to the CEO; must be comfortable with making decisions; be results and deadline oriented.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage multiple teams for the next phase of work in locations, which are selected, for the likelihood of opening.
- Oversee work of teams in all phases before clinic opening. Work with all departments in all aspects of clinic start-up including equipment placement, community relationship, facilities acquisition, site construction, financing, fundraising, and leadership recruiting.
- Work closely with CEO, CFO, COA, and board members to ensure that all expansion efforts (e.g. facilities, community development, fundraising), are consistent with and supportive of the SACHS model.
- Must understand local policy environment, monitor political, and policy issues in all locations where SACHS conducts start-up work.
- Assist in developing and refining overall expansion strategy including start-up process/roadmap, replication unit/model, and alternative funding structures.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments within communities to determine whether SACHS would be a fit within specific communities.
- Works with the CFO and finance to determine what feasible report studies need to be analyzed to determine community and location possibilities. Ability to produce needed reports as necessary, and present to the Board of Directors as needed.
- Must be familiar with community health clinic operations and flow. Will assist in ensuring that all clinics are operating efficiently and effectively.
- Coordinate and lead all operational management teams in all aspects of operations.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of staff.
- Ability to remain focused and motivated; demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy; high level of professional integrity and expectation to be accountable.
- Ability to create a structured business plan and follow through; highly organized; strong negotiation skills; ability to network and build strong genuine relationships.
- Analyze and recommend other mechanisms for SACHS to expand its influence within different communities to enable community leaders to understand the goals and model.
- Must be able to adhere to the Attendance policy and procedure.
- Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate, teach, support and function in a teaching organization that builds, coaches and embraces interns and residency programs. Must demonstrate a passion for the team and have the ability to consistently work with rotating doctors, residents and interns, while continuously building a trusting, safe, patient-centered workplace.
- Demonstrate the ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity, work effectively and with individuals of different cultures and socioeconomic status; Passion for service.
- Other duties as assigned by COO.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business required. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of 2-3 years growing a business in a non-profit industry preferred.
-Valid CA Driver’s License.
Full Benefits Package; Vacation and Sick Leave Plans
Medical / Dental / Vision packages.
!! Rates among the lowest in the industry!!
Retirement Account with up to 8% employer contribution
Employer paid Life Insurance
Fitness Facility access
8 Paid Federal Holidays
1 Paid Birthday Holiday
Social Action Community Health System complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $83,969.60 to $99,819.20 /year
- Driver's License (Required)