Bishop Welding Supply is a small, growing company that has been in business for almost 40 years. We are seeking an energetic, communicative and collaborative candidate for bookkeeping duties. Bishop Welding offers a friendly work environment and competitive salary, based on skill set and experience.
Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities:
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner and issue invoices to customers.
- Ensure that all receivables are collected timely.
- Record cash receipts, make bank deposits and conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Maintains and reconciles accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements.
- Complies with federal, state, and local government reporting requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
Work Hours & Benefits
Position requires 30-40 hours of work per week, but schedule can be flexible based on workload. Bishop Welding offer a competitive employee package, including paid vacation and sick days.
Bookkeeper Qualifications / Skills:
- Proficient in Quickbooks.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to adapt to quickly adapt to new processes and systems.
- Proven bookkeeping experience with a solid understanding of accounts payable and receivable principles.
- Data Entry Skills
- Attention to Detail
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Previous bookkeeping experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field is a plus
Interested candidates can submit their resume by dropping them off at Bishop Welding Supply located at 180 Short St. Bishop, CA 93514. Ask for Britt
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- bookkeeping: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Processing payments
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends