This position is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource and occupational safety and health function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and comply with GMP, safety, and quality assurance practices.
- Maintain proper documentation and record keeping management.
- Maintain company staff through recruiting, selecting, orientating, and training employees.
- Ensure legal compliance within applicable human resources federal and state requirements.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal employee safety requirements. (e.g. OSHA, NFPA, etc)
- Administration of employee benefits plan.
- Facility accident and injury record keeping, workers compensation and case management.
- Administration and monitoring of staff performance results. (e.g. Attendance, Job performance, Appraisals, Discipline)
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions in the facility, conduct and coordinate facility inspections to audit safe work conditions and practices.
- Identify human resource and safety program deficiencies and request corporate needs.
- Training and development of facility staff in regards to human resources and safety related topics.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Possess a high level of technical expertise in the areas of occupational safety and human resources and the ability to adapt effectively within a continually changing and demanding environment.
- Ability to identify staffing needs through the understanding of products manufactured and processes involved.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain continuous improvement and high levels of safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Ability to read and comprehend regulatory documents in order to maintain corporate, local, state, and federal compliance.
- Computer skills with intermediate abilities in office programs (Excel, Word, Publisher, etc.)
- Ability to train and effectively communicate with individuals and/or large groups.
- High School Deploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- BS degree in related field preferred.
- Combination of education and experience may be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Organizational Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts