Architectural Studio Director
Bush Architects, LLC - Addison, TX
Rapidly growing, award-winning Architecture firm with over 25 years of experience providing custom home, production home, and commercial construction documents to the Dallas area and metroplex is seeking a highly motivated Studio Director with a strong commitment to excellence to join our team and head up our Residential Studio.
Bush Architects, LLC is located in Addison, TX. We provide a great working environment and offer tremendous opportunities for growth.
Summary of Position
The Studio Director is responsible for executive leadership through all levels of design from schematic design through field administration of custom single-family homes, production homes, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Use discretion and judgment in the intellectual field of architecture to accomplish the following:
- Develop preliminary floor plans and elevation designs;
- Analyze preliminary designs for cost compliance, value engineering, and overall design efficiency;
- Production of architectural construction documents in AutoCAD. Will train in duties including specifications and production of drawings as required
- Work with CAD producer to ensure proper implementation of design ideas;
- Ensure drawings are complete and accurate, and that deadlines are met.
- Design new elevations for existing products.
- Oversee Design/Production/Estimating Team:
- Follow plan closely through production to ensure conformance with design; and
- Work with Estimator to develop cost analysis to verify cost compliance of plans. * Work with Residential Production Manager to oversee flow of plans through department.
- Frequently must complete projects on a very short notice with extreme time constraints.
- Paid Time Off including sick leave, vacation, and paid holidays
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Degreed professional
- Licensed Architect
- 7+ years of experience
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Revit experience a plus
- Experience working with residential builders preferred
- Experience working with production home builders a plus
- Experience designing single family homes, production homes, and custom homes
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 7 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off