PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform complex design tasks of standard and special tooling requiring the operation of NX (Unigraphics) 3D solid modeling CAD system with responsibility for correctness of proportions, consideration of stresses, speeds, weight and other details in a production environment.
- Determine proper locating points of parts for accurate machining and maintenance of tolerances, designing for manufacturability.
- Perform mathematical calculations and prepare layouts.
- Work with customers, sales and application engineers to ensure correctness of data and accuracy of drawings from original receipt through the approval stage.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve with sales team, customers and production to provide cost effective solution for customer.
- Contribute to group success by fulfilling any of the regular group responsibilities.
- Maintain positive, open communication with the engineering and manufacturing directors.
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering discipline (ME, MT, IE) or equivalent experience.
- Experience with 3D solid modeling and the ability to create and read blueprints.
- Must have a clear understanding of metal working tools and the materials being machined.
- Must have a quality orientation and be detail oriented.
- Must be able to solve problems independently and in groups.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Must have a firm sense of urgency and an ability to work productively under time pressure.
Job Type: Full-time