Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
Remote - United States and Canada only
$90,000 – $150,000/yr
What you’ll be working on
Salary will be based on experience and location (US vs Canada). Compensation also includes benefits, bonus, and equity.
Ceridian is looking for self-starting, highly motivated Product Designers to drive and sustain accessibility and inclusive design across our Product and Technology organization. Join a purpose driven team that is committed to high-performance and inclusive team culture.
Product Designers work across a range of design practices, from up-front research, cross-team ideation, to prototyping, and champion for quality on final designs. We are not looking for ‘unicorns,’ who are expected to be brilliant at everything, but we do presume some comfort throughout the design process, and a desire to continually broaden and improve your skills. You will be working closely with our Accessibility team, consisting of subject matter experts from product managers to testers and researchers.
Key to Product Design success is close collaboration with cross-domain teams. Effective communication skills, particularly an ability to articulate the rationale behind design decisions, compliance standards are key for success.
What You will Do
- Test and analyze existing accessibility challenges and work across our suite of products to define and specify design solutions that comply with WCAG 2.1 AA and EN 301 549 standards
- Collaborate with designers to better understand user needs and behaviors, and identify opportunities for further usability testing with the support and guidance of UX Researchers
- Take design direction from Lead Product Designers and Design Managers, ensuring your efforts roll-up into a coherent whole
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers in working through accessibility design and product challenges in an agile setting
- Participate in daily scrum and update meetings to present design decisions, playing a key role on the team as an accessibility design subject matter expert
- Contribute to our Design System as needed
- Passion for practicing accessibility and usability framework, and contributing to an inclusive team environment
Our Desired Profile
- Prior Accessibility and Inclusive design experience
- Has experience working with accessible products on web and mobile
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 AA and EN 301 549 is a mandatory
- Comfortable with some direction from more senior designers, while developing an ability to work autonomously
- Familiarity with disability related issues and digital accessibility
- Experience working in complex systems with multiple audiences and complicated workflows; enterprise SaaS (Software As A Service) a plus
- Effective communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.