- Dental Insurance
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Signing Bonus
Relocation Assistance Available
We are in search of a Medical Director for a corporate site focused on worksite-based health and wellness center serving company employees. This is a NEW role located near Wichita, KS rated as one of the best places to live in 2018 and known for having some of the best public schools in the country. There are 8400 employees eligible for care at this site.
Matching 401k, 34 paid days off, CME allowance, and more. Relocation and possible sign on bonus. Salary starts at $ 200K and goes up quite considerably to the mid 200s and higher depending on your level of experience.
What Makes This An Opportunity To Consider?
- Practice evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production
- Bottom line is measured by the quality of patient care
- A work life balance that is not just promised
- A collaborative approach with a focus on each individual patient
- Practice in a supportive, collaborative environment
- Less paperwork and administration time
- Ability to tap into a national clinical information infrastructure
Unlike more traditional healthcare settings, our client's team members have the freedom to spend more time with their patients, while working alongside them every day. Its a forward-thinking approach that allows them to provide best-in-class services, fostering stronger patient engagement and delivering higher-value programs that have a profound and positive impact on millions of lives.
Our client values open communication, knowledge sharing, and new ideas. Theirs is a culture that never accepts the status quo, and by joining the team, you will experience it firsthand.
Requirements Of The Role:
- At least 5 years in Occupational medicine
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations.
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification, in some cases may be required
- Board Certified by an ABMS approved Board in Primary Care/ Family medicine, Internal Medicine or ER, but would need to have the Occupational health experience.
- 10% of the role is patient care. The remainder of this role is Occupational medicine related duties such as fit for duty exams, medical surveillance etc. You would only be seeing 2-3 patients per day. Only Adults.
- You are supported by 2 Nurse Practitioners, RN Health Center Mgr, LPNs, RN, RN Case Mgr, Receptionist/MA
- Since this is a corporate clinic, we need someone who will be able to clearly articulate information to the executives showing success of the clinic as it relates to better outcomes for its employees.
- The hours: There are 5 different buildings/health centers and the Physician will spend time at 4 of them during the week
West Campus is open 7-4 M-F (closed 1130-1230)pm
- The health centers are closed on weekends, but there is call.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients.
- Participate in the development of annual health center goals and objectives.
- Maintain electronic medical records.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care; schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- Reports directly to the Regional Medical Director for medical responsibilities and reports indirectly to the Health Center Manager/Supervisor for administrative and operational workings of the site.
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the health center environment; uses effective medical and people/performance management processes.
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account.
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data.
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to health center staff.
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise; Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC integration, Integrative Medicine, etc. and provides consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues.
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of Risk Management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships.
- Medical/Dental/Visionperson pays approximately 20% of premium cost (industry standard is 30%)
- 20 days of PTOincreases to 25 days after a year
- Matching 401kafter a year of employment is eligible for a 3% match at 100% and an additional 2% at 50%
- CME allowance ($2,500/5 days for Physician)