Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
American Senior Communities has proudly served customers since the year 2000 with a long history of excellent outcomes. We are Indiana-owned and operated, and we aren’t ever going to forget our roots. We take great pride in our Hoosier heritage with Hoosier hospitality ingrained in everything we do. As experts in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all of our relationships with customers, staff, family members and the community at large.
We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Nursing Schedule Coordinator - Part Time
The Nursing Scheduler Coordinator is responsible for the overall assurances of appropriate staffing levels are met at all times with accordance to state and federal regulations and budgetary settings.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Creates staffing schedule for Nursing Department that assures adequate staffing per guidelines at all times.
- Adjusts staffing schedule as necessary to compensate for call-ins or any other unforeseen circumstances.
- Recommends new approaches and effective scheduling practices to affect continual improvements in efficiency of the staffing of the properties nursing department.
- Advises and communicates with Executive Director and Director of Nursing Services (DNS) of all staffing, scheduling needs and/or shortages identified during assessment of nursing schedules.
- Serves as a liaison between the DNS, Executive Director and Payroll Coordinator when it has been identified there is a potential leave or assistance situation with an employee.
- Handles inquiries and questions regarding various scheduling needs to ensure quick, equitable and courteous resolution.
- May conduct initial interviews with nursing assistant and nurse applicants; and recommend an applicant for continuation in hiring process.
- May completes reference checks on all potential nursing new hires before an offer is extended.
- Assists DNS with tracking/managing/communicating attendance related matters within the nursing department.
- Validates PTO time availability with Payroll Coordinator prior to approval.
- Serves as a liaison with the Payroll Coordinator, ASC Payroll and HR Departments regarding payroll-related matters.
- Schedules new Certified Nursing Assistants for skills validation training to conform with applicable state guidelines.
We offer attractive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- Group medical/dental/ vision/life insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Career Growth
- Referral Bonuses up to $1000
Job Type: Part-time