Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking an Assistant Editor to join the Clinical Advisor team. This position is based in our New York, NY office.
The Clinical Advisor Assistant Editor is responsible for providing editorial support integral to the development of clinical content to be published both digitally and in print with a goal of ensuring the delivery of quality content that meets the informational needs of nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Skills and Requirements:
- Assist in posting articles to WordPress
- Import print editions of clinical journal to WordPress
- Fact-check clinical/news content, including formatting and ensuring reference accuracy based on AMA style guidelines
- Maintain peer-review database, corresponding with authors and peer-reviewers, tracking article status from submission through publication
- Assist in the creation/writing of news content, photo research for slideshows, and video summaries
- Oversee content submissions (including manuscript tracking and corresponding with authors)
- Ensure SEO through consistent use of best publishing practices and monitoring growth and performance using analytics tools
About Clinical Advisor:
- Facility with Microsoft Word, G Suite
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening and analytical skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Successful record of handling multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, social media, and other digital promotional strategies preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in English/Journalism/Communications with a strong background in the biological sciences or a Bachelor’s Degree in science with strong editing skills preferred
The Clinical Advisor is a monthly journal for nurse practitioners (NPs) and physician assistants (PAs) in primary care. Its mission is to keep practitioners up to date with the latest information about diagnosing, treating, managing, and preventing conditions seen in a typical office-based primary care setting. Find all of the news and departments you love from the print issue archived for easy online access on ClinicalAdvisor.com, along with special web-only content, including interactive polls, contests, and quizzes, including Derm Dx and Ortho Dx; daily web exclusive news updates; medical slideshows; live clinical meeting coverage; resource centers with in-depth information on specific medical conditions; and career resources, including the latest NP and PA employment listings at Jobs.ClinicalAdvisor.com.
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.