This Service Specialist II position will work in the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) Unit of Electronic Payments, Deposit Operations. The positions primary responsibilities will include implementing new EDI services and production support and changes to existing EDI services for North American Treasury Payment Services clients. EDI services allow TPS clients to customize their payment and reporting services.
EDI is a specialized support and service where complexity is deemed to be medium to high and where errors may be costly. Candidate must have the ability to analyze more complex, non-routine business issues, procedures, products and processes and provide guidance and resolution of issues.
Product & Process
- Process and/or fulfill transactions, perform audit/ reconciliation activities and/or other activities in accordance with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and efficient basis.
- Resolve discrepancies/ exceptions that frequently deal with non-routine situations, requiring further analysis.
- Investigate and resolve or make recommendations to more senior team members on more complex, non-routine issues relating to internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries or requests, business process efficiency and quality control within established procedures.
- Identify business processes, efficiency and control issues in timely fashion and escalate unusual issues to senior team members.
- Conduct analysis for change or business initiatives, using specialized product or process knowledge or specialized program expertise. May be accountable for documenting business requirements or providing input to conversion and implementation strategy plan.
- Assist in building relationships with internal business partners, as appropriate, through daily interaction. Partner with other operational areas to ensure delivery of timely, quality and efficient processing activities.
- Provide information/ communication/ solutions (both written and verbal) to senior team members and/or management.
- Provide advice to internal business partners and peers to support the completion of a process or activity within established procedures.
- Provide input and analysis into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team, and participate in the planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
Risk & Control
- Escalate issues that require resolution by the manager, as per guidelines.
- Identify potential risk situations/ impacts, and make recommendations or escalate to the manager.
- Review transactions and requests for compliance with regulatory and Bank requirements, as required.
- Provide information for regulatory reporting and audit queries.
- Ensure all appropriate authorizations/ approvals are obtained in accordance with policies and controls.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of First Principles, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank standards, policies and procedures (P&Ps) for such things as potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to such things as fraud or defalcation.
Business Performance Management
- Monitor service delivery performance, production processes and quality.
- Deliver exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
- Align individual performance goals to team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with “Our Way” model and aligned with BMO values.
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years of related experience with electronic payments systems and applications is highly desirable
- Should have experience with implementations- testing applications and analytics
- Business acumen will be helpful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong investigation skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills
- Good change leadership skills
- Good coaching and training skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.