Purpose of Role:
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As an Administrative Support Associate, this means:
- Being friendly, professional, and supporting internal customers (store leadership, HR, and Lowe’s associates) and external customers.
- Monitoring driver and associate scheduling to ensure merchandise can be delivered on time and stocked efficiently.
- Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
The Administrative Support Associate supports store leadership through administrative duties related to staffing, scheduling, training, compliance, and payroll. This associate maintains paperwork, organizes the break and training rooms, and updates time and attendance records. This associate also supports a strong safety culture by handling all administrative tasks related to Worker’s Compensation, General Liability, and Auto Claims. To be successful, the Administrative Support Associate must be organized an able to balance many administrative tasks throughout the day. The Administrative Support Associate works closely with Human Resources, Store Managers, and Assistant Store Managers to relieve administrative burden and allow these roles to focus on strategic and people leadership activities.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
- Secures interview rooms, prints hiring process materials, and greets and escorts candidates during their onsite interview day.
- Assists in new associate onboarding/orientation by verifying I-9 forms and other information in HR systems, administering drug screens, and preparing new associate paperwork/materials.
- Creates and distributes name tags as well as work-related equipment to associates.
- Reviews the staffing planner and assists in the temporary/seasonal transition.
- Plans and supports in-store events (e.g. safety and employee appreciation activities) sponsored by Lowe’s.
- Generates, distributes, and maintains business-related reporting for store leadership
- Supports delivery activities in the stores by monitoring and maintaining driver and back-up driver Driver Qualification Files (DQFs).
- Maintains and tracks associate schedule and attendance requirements, including: schedule availability and reporting for associates, predictive scheduling, scheduling requests, shift patterns, and rest breaks.
Clean and Safe Stores
- Partners with Asset Protection team to understand camera room expectations and reporting incidents to train other associates on procedures.
- Ensures brand management in posters within break rooms, training rooms, etc.
- Checks break rooms, training room, restrooms are clean and organized; if not, takes appropriate action to have partners help in cleaning areas.
- Monitors, tracks, and schedules training and maintenance of appropriate licenses (e.g., cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), Red Vest Ready, OSHA, power equipment, product knowledge and vendor training).
- Tracks and administers compliance activities, such as first aid and spill kits, and health and safety activities and processes.
- Maintains physical documents for I-9 recertification, employee health and safety posters, employee documents, garnishment forms, mail, faxes, etc.
- Processes termination same-day pay, distributes money network cards to associates for pay, routes garnishments to the Associate Care Center, and manages Equifax forms for payroll.
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one’s regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- 1 year of experience in a retail environment.
- 2 years of experience administrative experience such as processing data, scheduling, monitoring and tracking information, and using office software.
- 1 year of experience administering confidential staff information such as personnel files and employment compliance data.
- 1 year of experience in a cross-functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field.
- 2 years of experience in a retail environment or equivalent and relevant work experience.
- 2 years of experience in a cross-functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff.