The Payroll Supervisor is a hands-on role with responsibility for supervising daily payroll operations, ensuring accurate and timely issuance of wage payment to the employees, tax payment to Federal, State, and Local tax authorities, managing garnishment responses, and complying with Company policies and federal/state/local payroll and labor regulations.
- Supervise in-house weekly and biweekly payroll processes for 5000+ employees using Kronos
- Ensure employees are set up accurately and timely based on proper documents;
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of multi-state and multi-entity payroll, and the issuance of wage, tax, and garnishment payments after
- Identify, research, investigate and resolve payroll variances during routine audit and analysis
- Ensure garnishment and child support orders are responded and handled accurately and promptly
- Ensure final paychecks are issued timely and accurately according to each state requirement
- Conduct monthly and quarterly tax reconciliation to ensure successful year end close and w-2 issuance
- Work with Accounting to complete payroll-related account reconciliation and resolve variances
- Provide payroll reports requested by other departments following confidentiality guidance
- Respond to payroll-related inquiries from employees and managers on a timely manner with excellent customer service
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal, state and local payroll regulations and taxation, ensure compliance is maintained.
- Maintain operating procedures manual and ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide training and supervision to the payroll staff
- Participate in system updates and upgrades
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
- Minimum 3 years of in-house payroll processing experience
- Must be accuracy driven and detailed oriented
- Must have strong work ethic and be punctual
- 4-Year undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodations):
- Experience in Kronos payroll and timekeeping system a plus
- Experience in multi-state, multi-entity. and retail industry a plus
- FPC and CPP a plus
About Total Wine & More
Total Wine & More is America‘s Wine Superstore®—the country‘s largest independent retailer of fine wine. We started in 1991 when brothers David and Robert Trone opened two wine stores in Delaware. Today, our typical store carries more than 8,000 wines from every wine-producing region in the world. In addition, Total Wine & More carries more than 2,500 beers, from America‘s most popular beers to hard-to-find microbrews and imports, and more than 3,000 different spirits from every price range and category.
Our strength is our people. We are always looking for motivated, talented team members who are interested in working for a company with entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class service. Our retail stores and corporate office (called the Store Support Center) provide opportunities for career growth and advancement. Offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, we strive to ensure that all Team Members feel that they are a part of the business, as they are valuable resources to our customers, co-workers, and communities.
Drug Free Workplace