Mailroom Clerk Specialist - 30 Hours - East Providence, RI
Country: United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Mailroom Clerk - (Specialist, Payment Operations) is responsible for supporting the processing and delivering of mail to departments and individuals within the bank. Their duties include receiving mail from a postal worker, sorting mail by department, and distributing mail items to each department.
This position is onsite and location dependent. The location is in Riverside, RI.
The hours are 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday - Friday.
The pay rate is $20.00 per hour.
Job Description & Responsibilities -
- Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes, and technology.
- Builds sustainable repeatable capabilities that support the delivery of the highest standards of service and execution.
- Evaluates and ensure that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements, and relevant requirements.
- Make rounds to all departments to collect mail items or packages that need to be sent out that day.
- Greet Receptionists and interact with other company employees as they complete this task.
- Use your knowledge of the building’s layout to devise a mail route based on delivery needs.
- Collect mail from each department to send out to business partners, customers, and other recipients.
- Place all collected mail items in the outgoing mail container.
- Take inventory of mailroom supplies.
- Maintain an organized mailroom with stamps, envelopes, and other items.
- Receive phone calls from employees asking if they have items like stamps, postal boxes, and packaging tape and deliver those items to them accordingly.
- Greet the Mail Carrier and help them unload mail to place in the mailroom.
- Before the Mail Carrier leaves, provide them with outgoing mail items.
- Sort through delivered mail and organize them into department boxes.
- Use a mail cart to distribute mail to each department and place items in specific mail slots.
- Reports issues of concern or matters of potential loss to the Manager.
- Provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Need to be well-organized. This quality helps maintain a clean workspace and mail sorting system.
- A good memory to remember the layout of the building and connect recipient names with that of specific departments.
- Physically fit to push a mail cart for mail items and carry large packages.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Have a personable manner that enables them to engage in positive interactions with company employees at various levels.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics - Preferred
- In the same or similar role., 3-5 years - Required
- Ideally, worked within a mailroom environment and are familiar with mail machines
Skills and Abilities:
- Work well in high-pressured environments – Able to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Computer skills - Adequate knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication – Able to effectively communicate both orally and written with customers, team, and management
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common metrics and provide concise and clear communication with a wide audience of internal departments
- Able to work alone
- Able to meet deadlines
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
Diversity & EEO Statements:
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasionally moving and lifting equipment and furniture are required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, and climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the job duties of the job.
- You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
- This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.