The Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for troubleshooting and resolving tickets and requests assigned to the Infrastructure Operations work queue. In addition, this position is responsible for effective installation, configuration administration, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and services ensuring they are operating to expected standards and performance levels. Some of the core technologies you will be working with include: Office 365, Azure, Active Directory, SCCM, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, Hyper-V, Backups, Storage, Networking, and Server Room Operations. Other key responsibilities of this position include provisioning, configuring, and patching servers, performing compliance tasks as directed by internal audit, provisioning network gear, and interfacing with our database and network Managed Service Providers to ensure trouble tickets are resolved in a timely manner.
- Actively work on tickets in your work queue providing daily, detailed ticket notes, timely communication, and resolution or escalation. Provide excellent customer service.
- Install new or rebuild existing servers and network gear. Configure hardware, software peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Adhere to system and team standards and follow installation and configuration procedures.
- Create knowledge base articles and other team documentation.
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for systems administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all critical hardware, software, resources, processes, and scheduled jobs.
- Diagnose and remediate hardware or software failures and monitor alerts.
- Maintain accurate asset inventory.
- Perform time-sensitive tasks required by internal audit to maintain SOX compliance.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and manager during status update briefings and troubleshooting calls; make suggestions for how to improve operations as necessary.
- Ensure servers are patched each month and are compliant with current anti-virus definitions.
- Perform other infrastructure administrative and maintenance tasks as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation and perform responsibilities which sometimes require off-hours work.
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 minimum GPA. A technical field, such as engineering or computer science, is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience troubleshooting core Infrastructure Services utilizing a ticket queue.
- 1-3 years of experience installing and configuring Windows Server on server class hardware.
- 1-3 years of experience performing systems and application monitoring, maintenance, and administrative tasks.
- 3+ years of experience working in a NOC or other operations focused team.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Strong sense of urgency for resolving technical issues and mitigating customer impact.
The RMR Group Inc. is a holding company and substantially all of its business is conducted by its majority-owned subsidiary, The RMR Group LLC. The RMR Group LLC is an alternative asset management company that primarily provides management services to publicly traded REITs and real estate related operating companies. As of March 31, 2018, The RMR Group LLC had approximately $30.0 billion of total assets under management, including more than 1,700 properties, and employed over 550 real estate professionals in more than 35 offices throughout the United States; the companies managed by The RMR Group LLC collectively had approximately 52,000 employees. The RMR Group Inc. is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts. To learn more about The RMR Group, please visit www.rmrgroup.com.