Position: Lab Assistant I
Location: Charlotte, NC 28204
Duration: 4 Months (Temp to perm possible)
Pay-Rate: $17.23/Hr. on W2
Schedule: Schedule: Mon- Friday 8 AM -5 PM
A Lab Assistant will be working in a high volume, production-based environment performing a vital component of clinical lab science.
- Receive and sort clinical lab specimens.
- Prepare specimens for testing and analysis Scan and/or data entry of specimen and patient information.
- Ensure all lab equipment is working properly and perform minor instrumentation maintenance.
- Troubleshoot any specimen related issues.
- Replenish test bench supplies as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete record logs and other administrative duties as requested.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous medical/lab or production experience is preferred.
- Comfortability with handling biological specimens.
- Ability to accurately identify specimens.
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills.
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment and meet established turn-around times.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
If you're looking for a career with an industry leader that offers opportunity for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $17.23 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Your email address, contact number, and the best time to reach you?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Laboratory: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person