Full time position for an Interiors Architect / Interior Designer with a minimum of 8 years experience in a professional studio setting, with knowledge of a variety of project types. Must include Interior Design and Hospitality experience. The position will work directly with Principals as part of our Interior Design studio to represent the company to our clients and will supervise the work of junior staff.
This is a flexible, remote position until further notice. The office is located in Chicago. While travel is normally a part of this job, it is not required until further notice.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Managing multiple concurrent projects
- Work well in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Reliable, consistent, accurate, and deadline driven work output
- Follows and gives clear instruction, and takes direction from supervisor
- Well organized and retains details for current projects and future needs
- Solicits feedback, responds to client needs, and improves self and team
- Flexible and adaptable
- Communicates with staff, vendors and clients in a professional manner
- Mentor and train project team members
- Independently execute pre-design tasks including field investigations of existing facilities, research of zoning and building codes, accessibility design requirements, and establish client programmatic project requirements
- Assist firm Principals to establish and develop design concepts for projects
- Lead team members to develop concepts, presentations and related documentation
- Material research and concept validation, including textiles, lighting, flooring, artwork and FFE
- Develop and supervise presentation documentation with junior staff
- Manage preparation and quality control of construction and specification documents for bid, permit, and client review, as well as coordinating responses and revisions
- Manage project consultants, including Civil, Electric, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Procurement and client vendors
- Manage and prepare submittal packages to permitting agencies, including responses and comments
- Manage daily responsibilities for project team including Junior Staff and interns, coordinating with other Project managers and Principals for staffing requirements
- Manage Construction Administration, including review of submittals, attending on site or remote project meetings, etc
- Manage and attend site surveys and prepare survey reports
- Develop and maintain project schedules and deadlines, and communicate with clients and Principals
- Attend municipal planning and zoning meetings as required by project
- Attend post construction compliance site visits/ punch lists
- Attend FFE installation visits
- Oversee Materials Library
- Assist in time management and billing on relevant projects
- Have flexibility for occasional project travel, local and long distance
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines is key
- Have a burning desire to create energizing, inspiring and soulful work within the parameters established by each client and project
- Other responsibilities as required per projects
REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICANTS
Applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Possess an NAAB accredited degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Architecture or Interior Design License preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in design and construction; Commercial/ Hospitality preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit & AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of SketchUp, as well as multiple Adobe suite programs (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Robust knowledge of Contract Grade Furniture, Textiles, Finishes, Lighting, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and customer service skills.
- Confidence and experience in communicating with key stake holders: owners, consultants, user groups, etc.
We are looking for a team player that is eager to leverage wide ranging knowledge and experience, tailored to each project’s needs. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the process and components required to deliver innovative, yet realistic developed design solutions that satisfy each Client's stated functional; visual; and financial goals. They should take initiative, communicate effectively working within a team and demonstrate successful problem-solving skills.
Based on Experience
CONTACT TO APPLY