Transform. Strengthen. Empower.
Job Title: Access to Advocacy Hotline and Outreach Advocate
Department: Domestic Violence
Reports To: Domestic Violence and Transitional Housing Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Domestic Violence and Transitional Housing Program Manager, the individual will promote the Peace in the Home Helpline, increase awareness of the Helpline and increase access to DV services for Spanish-speaking victims of Domestic Violence. The outreach advocate will ensure all services are provided in a holistic and culturally sensitive process, thereby promoting the dignity, respect, safety and optimal functioning of the individual.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry the Peace in the Home Helpline cellphone, Monday to Friday, 9:00-5:00, and answer all calls. If messages are left, return calls as soon as possible, and within 24 hours.
- Provide crisis intervention and advocacy-based counseling to callers over the phone. Conduct assessment to determine the clients’ needs.
- Use referral protocol and ensure that callers receive immediate advocacy and appropriate referrals to domestic violence services that best meet their needs.
- Suggest resources to callers seeking services other than DV, whenever possible.
- Conduct outreach to promote the Peace in the Home Helpline, resulting in increased number of calls to the Helpline.
- Implement outreach strategies, including: * Distribute flyers and safety cards broadly throughout Latino communities, promoting the Helpline.
- Develop partnerships with social services agencies, Latino businesses and markets, and faith-based organizations agreeing to promote the Helpline,
- Contact Spanish-language radio stations, get agreement to air audio public service announcements (at least 20 radio airings of PSAs); Schedule and participate in at least 4 radio show interviews to promote the Helpline. TV PSAs can be counted.
- Conduct at least 25 presentations to groups in the Latino community promoting the Helpline.
- Develop additional outreach strategies such as newspaper ads, and less traditional media approaches such as social media (YouTube, Facebook, etc.).
- A.A., BA Preferred
- Must have 2+ years’ experience with domestic violence services
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Access to reliable transportation and a valid Washington State Driver’s license required.
- Valid care insurance
- Lifting requirements up to 25 lbs.
- Complete required training upon hire and/or provide certification of past completion
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, memos, business correspondence and all other integrated behavioral health related documents. Ability to write clear, concise and accurate correspondence. Capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships with a broad range of people. Effective oral and written communication skills.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
Ability to operate computer, printer, copy and fax machines, calculator, and other office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, move up and down stairways, talk and hear, drive to and from community appointments. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization may or may not exist. Ability to reason effectively and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
This position requires the individual to work with minimal supervision. Guidance is available as necessary, however, the individual is expected to be able to function autonomously and make individual decisions when appropriate. Position does require ability to interact with a variety of individuals and the ability to meet deadlines and time pressure based on the volume of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise and/or level of distractions in the work environment are usually moderate.
Consejo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Willingness To Travel:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19