Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps opportunity for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Hanford Site.
Title: Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
Close Date: 6/11/2020
Work Location / Potential Access Requirements: Work location is to be on-site primarily at 2261 Stevens Drive, Richland, WA 99354.
Seeking a senior level Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) / DevOps to support the Information Management Network & Computing Services organization.
This position will be responsible for setting up the automation for the hosting infrastructure, and operations to provide developers on-demand access to tools and environments.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
Integrate core infrastructure automation with testing and deployment platforms. Design and implement CI/CD pipelines to maintain fully automated, highly available, zero downtime releases. Design, implement and maintain infrastructure as code, used by multiple engineering teams. Build, scale and support high-availability production and development systems in Microsoft Azure. Work closely with teams to automate deployment and configuration of infrastructure to support roll out of data products/projects. Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments using tools. Help refine DevOps security practices (including regular security patching, minimum-permissions accounts and policies, etc.) in compliance with federal government standards and implement, and verify them, using tools to analyze and verify compliance.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated Site Reliability Engineering/DevSecOps Principles
- Basic understanding of data center architectures (servers, networking, storage, physical hardware, virtualization, etc.)
- Expertise with Containers and Orchestration
- Experience with Configuration Management platforms (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Strong automation, problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through to completion.
- Experience implementing infrastructure monitoring, application monitoring, web applications and telemetry systems.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and/or GitHub
- Passionate about continuous improvement in process and services.
- Experience hardening and maintaining secure systems (NIST, HIPAA or PCI experience desired)
- Experience with high scale, distributed, 24x7 systems and applications
Site Access and Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
Work performed outside normal operating hours shall be coordinated and/or approved through the BTR and/or the Contract Specialist prior to performing the work.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
TOP NOTCH BENEFITS
A comprehensive benefits package is available and can be structured to best suit your needs. Benefits include paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off