District Office at Dawson Technical Institute
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
CCC’s Procurement Services oversee the purchase of a full array of goods and services including, but not limited to: books, printing services, computer equipment, furniture, office equipment and supplies, and a variety of construction and professional services. CCC aggressively seeks certified minority and women-owned businesses (M/WBE).
Reporting to the Associate Director of Business and Procurement Services, the Contract Administrator monitors multiple and various types of vendor applications, contracts, Bids, Request for Proposal (RFP) submittal forms, business viability and solvency documents, and other related documents to ensure administrative compliance by vendors with the criteria established by City Colleges of Chicago. Performs related duties as required.
- Monitors businesses and firms that are actively participating in City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) procurement contracts for goods and services.
- Reviews Bid/RFP solicitations, vendor bids/proposals, and other submissions to ensure the proper application of procurement rules and policies.
- Reviews vendor documentation for ownership verification, financial analyses, and background checks.
- Develops and implements a system for tracking, measuring and evaluating vendor performance.
- Provides regular reports on vendors through updates and analysis of procurement activities. Identifies vendor operations that may negatively impact CCC operations and provides recommendations for resolution.
- Provides expertise and assistance to vendors and CCC departmental staff to facilitate understanding and awareness of CCC’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Participates in workshops, seminars, outreach and networking sessions.
- Participates in pre-bid/pre-submittal conferences.
- Interprets and explains the guidelines of the vendor application process for inclusion in the M/WBE program and procurement contracts.
- Investigates complaints and allegation of M/WBE non-compliance.
- Conducts dispute resolution for M/WBE compliance issues; prepares detailed summaries and reports.
Associate Director - Business and Procurement Services
- An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or higher
- Three years of experience in management, procurement or purchasing with a focus on the development, negotiation and administration of contracts
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant’s credentials
- Preference will be given to candidates possessing three (3) years or more of work experience in procurement and/or experience in higher education and/or public sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-directed and innovative
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.2 ERP Solution or other ERP systems preferred
- Knowledge of construction project management and diversity compliance software preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.