Come see what's cookin' at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we're growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are looking for an experienced, high potential, and strategy driven procurement expert who is interested in leading a category in procurement operations. You will work directly with our leadership and category team to build out a road map for one of the fastest growing startups to come out of Europe! Your time will be spent leading a large team of buyers, managers and analysts, overseeing day to day procurement operations, as well as driving the long-term operations strategy. We are looking for hands-on, numbers-driven people with a focus on impact. Reporting into the Director, Procurement, this person will have a seat at the table, work regularly with senior leadership and be given the opportunity to make decisions that will impact the entire company.
You will ...
- Strategically develop and optimize our supplier network country-wide for packaging needs
- Take ownership of the category and develop and manage projects from beginning to end, including creating and implementing long-term strategic vision for the category in partnership with the Director and VP of Procurement
- Manage all packaging materials for existing products; while building out a robust packaging supplier pipeline for all brands and future needs
- Coordinate and negotiate with multiple suppliers to maximize our spend on one of the largest categories in the business
- Work cross-functionally with all category leaders, operations departments and business operations teams to ensure that materials and packaging support seamless transport of product for customer experience
- Develop and enhance sourcing strategies that reduce risk and drive cost savings through the use of data, analysis and market research
- Improve vendor collaboration and procurement processes with the implementation of standardized tools that improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Build out a structured procurement process for packaging that can be modeled across the entire organization with the potential to be leveraged cross-category
- Develop, coach and mentor a team of direct reports, buyers, managers and analysts
- Identify opportunities and propose solutions for process improvement and change management that you present to senior leadership and influence business partners to support
- Be the subject matter expert in all things related to the category and Procurement
- Obsessed with food packaging!
- Analytical and problem-solving expert who uses data to drive all business solutions
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Entrepreneurial and can make things happen
- A strong communicator, collaborator and comfortable interfacing with all levels of leadership
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and limited direction
- Comfortable making split-second decisions with far reaching financial consequences
- Passionate about our business and committed to its growth
At a minimum, you have...
- BA/BS degree in business, purchasing, supply chain or related discipline, MBA a plus
- Experience managing and leading a team of direct and indirect reports
- 7 + years of experience, packaging procurement background preferred
- Extensive experience in purchasing and a skilled negotiator
- Vast knowledge and interest in the packaging and operations industry
- Quantitative and analytical experience (either through education or professional experience), including expertise in Excel
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.