Optometric Technicians Needed For Our Team
This is your opportunity to join one of the areas most recognized leaders in ophthalmology and optometry. We are a nationally recognized leader in EMR and technology with an excellent clinical support team and dynamic leadership. We are committed to customer service, and making every interaction extraordinary while inspiring the complete confidence of our patients. Our employees contribute directly to the growth and success of our practices, and take pride in being a member of our team. We strongly believe that the manner in which our patients and customers are treated by our employees is as important as the services provided by the doctor.
Optometric Technician Responsibilities:
- Initial work up of patients such as gathering chief complaint, ocular and systemic history, past family and social history and complete review of systems.
- Measuring visual acuities, intraocular pressures, keratometry, refraction and pachymetry.
- External examination and slit lamp.
- Scribe in electronic medical records format to document the patient visit and examination.
- Code for services.
The Optometric Technician Qualifications:
In Turn We Will Provide:
- Possess at least one year of experience in a clinical setting.
- Experience as an optometric technician preferred, but not required.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a well-organized, team-player with great attention to detail.
- Demonstrate superior computer skills.
- Highly energetic with positive attitude.
- Must be willing to travel to other offices occasionally to meet the demands of business.
- Must be able to walk and stand for eight hours.
- Must be able to type or write legibly in a dimly-lit setting.
- Benefits to full time team members that include comprehensive medical, dental and optical coverage, 401K and short and long term disability.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Paid parking where applicable.
- Team oriented working environment where you are heard and respected.
- Clear career ladder opportunities.