This is a great opportunity for a contract with a small organization with the opportunity to potentially go full time.
The UX Designer must have a passion for usability, an eye for visual consistency, a knack for creating innovative designs and the ability to do the implementation work. The UX Designer will maintain the user experience of our proprietary software, create the design of new features and enhancements and work on custom design requests from clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for driving excellent responsive design, user experience across a variety of applications, websites and mobile applications.
- Work with engineering and product teams to understand and respond to design needs
- Work closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business and design requirements
- Design the visual appearance of all new features and enhancements of software applications
Essential Qualifications & Experience
Software: CSS, HTML, SASS, Bootstrap, LESS and associated design tools
Experience: Intermediate Level - Two or more years of user experience design experience for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies and mobile devices
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Design, Information Systems or other related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Experience communicating concepts using a variety of methods (i.e., wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes) to help stakeholders, envision proposed designs.
- Strong conceptualization ability, visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Ability to work in an Agile framework to design, code, and implement UX for software
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and time management skills
- Experience in communicating concepts using a variety of methods (i.e., wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes) to help stakeholders, envision proposed designs.
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects with deadlines
Company Standards for All Positions
- Ability to excel in a team environment and work with minimal supervision
- Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures
- Perform all duties with the goal of maximizing stakeholder value
- Acts as a role model within and outside the Company
- Perform all duties accurately and as workload necessitates
- Maintain a professional, positive and respectful attitude
- Communicate regularly with manager about departmental and Company issues
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently be at work and on time prepared to perform duties of the position
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Meet department and Company productivity standards
* No third party candidates need apply
* Candidates must be US Citizens and able to go permanent without sponsorship
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 to $45.00 /hour
- HTML: 2 years (Required)
- CSS: 2 years (Required)
- Bootstrap: 2 years (Required)
- Graphic Design: 2 years (Required)