Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you. "Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth."
In his/her field of expertise, and through either plant manufacturing, welding and /test processes, the Welding Technician will be capable of:
- Evaluation and correction of welding and weld testing processes, weld development/implementation of weld issues preventative counter measures and process improvement, aimed at eliminating variability & validating weld process innovations.
- Ensure under weld engineering directive development and deployment of weld process standards, reduced weld set-up procedures, weld guidelines, and best practices implementation.
- Support welds equipment evaluation, weld programs process enhancements, for improved reliability and focus on daily plant and weld process improvements.
- Continuous improvement:
- Support continuous improvement of weld processes, tooling and equipment.
- Trouble shooting:
- Support weld equipment/robotics, production methods, TPM, Safety/Machine Safeguarding,
- Maintenance of production:
- Assist in analyzing, validating and implementing weld process modifications, program improvements, root cause of micro stoppages in the welding field, and other weld process related sources of downtime and scrap related to his/her field of expertise.
- Supports inputting data for a Maintenance/weld issues tracking local database for weld processes, weld tooling & related equipment
- Capable of optimizing welding variables in speed, amperage, wire tension, torch path geometry, gas flow/mix, splatter/burn-through/porosity/cold-weld elimination and process standardization.
- Participate in QRCI’s to resolve welding process and equipment follow-up and validations.
- Support reception, installation and start-up of welding processes and equipment
- Standards and best practices:
- Ensure application of 13 Mandatory Rules/Safety Laws, 7 Quality Basics and process standards.
- Identify best practices for his/her expertise network for deployment throughout NAO as directed
- Tactical support of gaps relative to welding related issues plant
- Tactical support of gaps relative to robotic issues plant wide
- Support and maintenance of weld standardization plant wide
- Maintenance of weld equipment plant wide
- Training weld personnel in the building
- Ensure that checklists and guidelines for all welding processes are applied.
- Validate Operator training, Magic Square audits, and technology choices as directed
- Ensure process capabilities are consistent with product manufacturability.
- Process development
- Define process solutions and ensurethat process standards are applied.
- Follow-up alternative process recommendations, support prototype tooling & fixtures build (when applicable).
- Tooling and equipment procurement
- Support the Engineers within the Gladstone organization during Run-at-rates, PPAP’s, new supplier validations and continued optimizations.
- Validate tooling and equipment reception as directed.
- Process improvement and innovation
- Assist engineering in improving processes related to his/her field of expertise.
- As directed define, maintain and improve process standards in his/her field of expertise (tooling, equipment).
- As directed ensure that process standards are applied (plants and programs).
- Best practices
- Identify and validate best practices in his/her perimeter.
- Integrate best practices in process guidelines and/or standards.
- Promote and ensure deployment of best practices.
- Capacity management
- Assist in the maintenance and update a database of weld processes and equipment related to his/her field of expertise.
Support a NAO expertise network for development, deployment and implementation of process improvements and innovations
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Minimum (2) years of experience in automotive exhaust manufacturing/welding
- Prior Gap leader experience in a weld GAP or shown leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills (Job requires a lot of personnel interaction)
- Good baseline understanding of computers and basic computer logic
- Proven technical skills on process and product, in welding.
- Robotics, technical problem solving skill desired but not required will train
- English required.
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards and willingness to adhere to Faurecia’s Code of Ethics and Code of Management.