JOB TITLE: Room Service Server
Room Service Manager
Take Room Service orders accurately in a helpful, friendly, courteous, and professional manner to ensure total guest satisfaction.
Return room service equipment from guest floors/public areas of hotel to appropriate dish room areas in order to keep public areas presentable. Sort and clean tables and trays to ensure equipment is available for future orders.
- Prepare trays and deliver to rooms.
- Ascertain guest satisfaction; in the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiate accommodation.
- Maintain complete guest satisfaction by maintaining service standards.
- Check floors to be sure all trays and carts are retrieved.
- Prepare and deliver guest amenities.
- Keep room service areas clean.
- Order and maintain food supplies.
- Perform side work (open, close and shift maintenance duties).
- Pick up clean linen from laundry and return dirty linen.
- Cash handling.
- Perform other duties as assigned per Manager.
- Ability to learn appropriate food and beverage preparations and service standards.
- Basic knowledge of beverages and wines.
- Ability to learn all menu items and accompaniments.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate preparation methods. Ability to comprehend written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs. In the event an elevator is out of service, ability to lift loaded trays up flights of stairs.
- Knowledge of room service operations, including appropriate staffing levels, service equipment and guest relations.
- Knowledge of local attractions.
- Knowledge of proper etiquette and manners.
- Ability to multi-task.
Primary Location: Wisconsin-Milwaukee-Pfister Hotel
Work Locations: Pfister Hotel
424 East Wisconsin Avenue
Job Posting: Sep 17, 2018, 9:01:44 AM