Jr. Data Scientist – Clearance Required
Do you want to build your brand by working for a leading consulting firm that drives eminence in the marketplace? Are you interested in leveraging your analytical skills and strategic ideas to improve mission execution? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Our Federal Strategy and Analytics team brings deep industry expertise, rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to help solve our client’s most complex business problems. Join our team and play a key role in helping to design our clients’ roadmap to the future and help transform the Federal marketplace.
Work you’ll do
The Center for Analytics is responsible for providing the cross-functional, enterprise-level data analysis and solutions needed to accomplish key foreign policy objectives and make informed decisions. Over the last year, Deloitte has supported the incubation of the Center for Analytics through development and implementation of a strategic vision. The center's data science teams produce enterprise-level advanced analytics and data-driven decision-support products for principal executives and Bureau stakeholders.
The data science workstream is growing to support increased demand for analytics services on mission-focused product lines.
The Junior Data Scientist will join a team responsible for developing advanced analytics products; applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data to advance and enable key mission outcomes. In this role, they will support all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions to ETL, from performing analyses to delivery of insights to decision-makers, with particular attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce and consume it.
Analytics & Cognitive
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence, embracing decision making with clear, data-driven choices that deliver enterprise value in a dynamic business environment.
The Analytics & Cognitive team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, generate insights, and inform decision-making. Together with the Strategy practice, our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients transform their business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to win in their chosen markets.
Analytics & Cognitive will work with our clients to:
- Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
- Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
- Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements
- Minimum Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with programming languages such as VBA, SQL, R, Python
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, d3.js, or equivalent
- Experience with data extraction, transformation, and loading to support advanced analytics
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to decompose a technical problem into its sub-components and build a plan to rigorously tackle the analysis that is defensible and repeatable
- High-performing team player
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other business-related field
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- 2+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Knowledge of data mining, machine learning, data visualization and statistical modeling
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.