With the company position of Senior Capital Project Manager, conduct the job duties and functions as described further below in this document. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or construction management is preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in construction or project management, full-service hotel property engineering, or other related business operations is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Able to learn new technology quickly (Horizon, One Source, Microsoft Project or other scheduling programs).
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
JOB DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Manage all capital projects (budgeted or emergency) and associated phases of the work as assigned.
- Effectively communicates with property staff members, Regional and Corporate personnel. Must provide sufficient information, conclusions and recommendations in every contact.
- Conducts appropriate brand design approval as required by franchise licenses.
- Meets with vendors and suppliers to discuss scope of, and products and materials used in, repair activities.
- Obtains pricing and bids, or develops cost estimates as directed.
- Uses the capital tracking program (One Source CapEx System) in accordance with policy guidelines.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, plans and manuals for successful supervision of activities.
- Maintains minimum disruption to hotel guests during the execution of renovation and refurbishment projects to maximize Guest Satisfaction Scores (GSS) and minimize chances of fail Quality Audits (QA)
- Manages the project revenue and expenses and use sound financial judgment to ensure that the budget and financial goals are met.
- Produces timely and accurate administrative, accounting, and other reports, including closing projects so that vendors can be paid in a timely manner.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Assist in providing updated weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly project reports to applicable ownership groups.
- Assist in the development of the annual capital budgets for applicable ownership groups.
- Assist the Capital Project Analyst in the tracking of budgeted projects.
- Assist in the organization and updating of capital policies per the applicable ownership groups.
- Assist in the organization and updating of template contracts, purchase orders, and other department process documentation.
- Interface with the capital accounting team, operations, and contracts and transitions as required to facilitate high priority project management team needs.
- This position will report to the Director of Project Management and will be managed accordingly for all corporate related responsibilities.
Benefits for Full Time Employees
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
401K retirement plan
Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
Term Life and AD&D Insurance
Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
Employee Assistance Program
- Specific plans for specific positions