Are you an Information Technology professional looking for a fast-paced, challenging and transformational environment? Smithfield Foods, one of the country’s top consumer packaged goods companies, is looking for you! Our Information Technology and Transformation (IT&T) team is searching for focused and driven candidates who are excited about communicating new ideas and delivering first-class technical solutions to meet the demands of a growing business. We foster a culture that values each individual’s creativity, our environment and the communities in which we live.
This Applications Service Delivery Analyst role supports the continuous improvement and innovation process for reliable production support working with internal resources, third party strategic service partners, and managed service providers. Effective partnership and teamwork with internal and external IT partners and all other IT service teams is a key success factor.
The Applications Service Delivery Analyst will monitor the incident resolution, service request fulfillment and change processes and assure all ticket queues are appropriately managed and all service KPI’s are met. This role will partner with the Application Service Delivery Manager(s) to identify, create and/or mature the support and service delivery processes through ongoing process improvement and best practice initiatives. The Application Service Delivery Analyst is a team and detailed oriented self-starter with a process improvement mindset.
- Monitor the day to day support process and help to drive process improvement and innovate to achieve stability and maturity.
- Develop, maintain and execute reporting and analytics in ServiceNow and other tools across enterprise domains for SAP and non-SAP related environments.
- Implement industry best practices for proactive system monitoring and measurement.
- Ensure effective application support issue response and resolution with proactive response team approach, communications and escalations as appropriate.
- Communicate issues impacting daily operations and provide updates on resolution.
- Work with the Business and IT teams to ensure issues are resolved and communicate any identified business impact.
- Identify continuous process improvement opportunities using metrics and data.
- Partner with cross channel teams to identify opportunities and supporting the development of new sustainable best practice approaches.
- Develop and sustain effective trusted relationships and partnerships with key partners in order to provide relevant insights, expertise and advice on application transition and support.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of recurring updates concerning the health of IT systems and team performance for leadership across enterprise domains.
- Help govern all application production environments with documented protocols and procedures - change management, release management, problem management and incident management.
- Work with the Integration Manager to ensure EDI, Process Orchestration (PO) and other integration tools and services are stable and meeting business requirements.
- Work with the Plant Systems and Warehouse Management teams to ensure the plant and warehouse are stable, interfacing correctly and meeting business requirements.
- Work with the SAP Basis functions to ensure system stability.
- Work with Application Development team to ensure that enhancements, new development and changes are properly tested and introduced to the production environment through the proper Release and Change Management processes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of experience in IT; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in an IT application support or service delivery role with emphasis and working knowledge and experience in the effective support of IT applications.
- Experience using ticket management tools such as Service Now or equivalent. 2+ years of relevant Service Now reporting or analytics experience, preferred.
- Experience with Incident/Service Request/Problem/Change/Configuration management.
- Working experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT software and systems solution delivery from idea conception, design, development and transition into production operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework, preferred.
- Experience with analytical tools such as PowerBI, SQL, Splunk and Tableau, preferred.
- Service Now Administration Certification, preferred.
- Experience with the Service Now Performance Analytics Dashboard, preferred.
- Experience working in an SAP business application environment including but not limited to: ECC, Transportation Management, Human Capital Management and familiarization with BW / BPC for analytics and reporting, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of MS Office Suite. (Outlook, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel including the use of pivots, vlookup and other analytical functions.
- Ability to work in conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty. Proven organizational skills in working across organizational boundaries and reporting lines - ability to work in a matrix environment as required.
- Demonstrated discipline, analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to understand system capabilities and ability to find ways to improve system performance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with peers and executive leadership.
- Leadership skills that align with the Smithfield culture. Specific skills include facilitating change, driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although the majority of the time work will be performed in an office environment, must be able to visit and work in a plant, warehouse, distribution center or other manufacturing facility.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Kansas City, MO (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts