Westfield Academy is seeking an organized, passionate individual to join our team as Summer Camp Director. We are a debate, Model United Nations and public speaking community school located in West Hartford, Connecticut. We are looking to hire someone who can manage all aspects of the school’s highly successful debate and Model United Nations summer camp, starting ASAP and running through 3 (potentially 4) weeks of day camp in CT this June. The ideal candidate would begin working part-time immediately, and will be available from 7am until 6pm during camp weeks. If the first year is a success, the director could continue on a part-time basis next Fall. We’d love to bring you back!
In addition to administrative excellence, the Camp Director should be organized, efficient, reliable, self-directed and detail-oriented. The position will include a fair degree of independence, although it will involve working closely with the ED and Director of Operations to set strategy and on specific projects. This position would be partially remote; we don’t need you to come into the office, but we do need to you to be in the area to help host open houses and for some in-person advertising efforts (and the above hours during camp weeks). We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running. Finally, they need to love children!
This position is a perfect passion project for someone who believes in the importance of educational empowerment. Westfield Academy is a small, close-knit community, and we hope to add someone who will fit in comfortably.
Camp Directors duties will include:
- Hiring and Managing Westfield Academy Camp Staff
- Setting up Efficient Systems
- Attending weekly remote staff meetings
- Interacting with the Facilities where camp is held
- Interacting with potential families
- Advertising for Camp online (forums, social media, etc), in person (coordinating/delivering school presentations), and by cultivating new opportunities
- Arranging Transportation Processes
- Managing paperwork and documents
- Maintaining compliance with applicable regulations and laws
The Ideal Candidate will :
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent life experience
- Have a proven track record of administrative expertise
- Have some experience with marketing, esp. digital marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be committed to the importance of teaching children the value of respectful civil discourse and the power of developing self-advocacy skills
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Part-time, Contract