Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $29 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2016† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2016. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our Corporate Legal Division is currently seeking a qualified attorney to provide broad based legal and professional support to Canon U.S.A.'s and its subsidiaries' medical device and life science businesses. Practice areas include general contract, product development, commercialization, manufacturing, and distribution (direct and through dealers and other resellers), and licensing related matters. Some limited travel may be required to the various company locations along the East Coast.
- Drafting/ reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of contracts (including, but not limited to, sales, services, supplier, group purchasing organization, product development, product distribution, consulting, collaboration, clinical study and evaluation, design and manufacturing, non-disclosure, and HIPAA related business associate agreements)
- Supporting the development and commercialization of new products
- Advising the businesses with regard to relevant legal issues, including applicable regulations, data protection, identification of legal risk, and liability avoidance
- The team coordinates with the Company’s litigation, employment, and intellectual property in-house specialists, as well as outside counsel, to secure necessary expertise to ensure that the businesses’ needs are met
- The team works closely with the business groups and has direct contact with senior management of the medical device and life science businesses
- The position requires a Juris Doctor (J.D.) and a minimum of five years of related legal experience, including in-house corporate experience. Experience within the medical device and/or life science industry is preferred. Experience with advertising and collateral review is a plus
- The candidate should be well versed in the areas of commercial transactions, contracts, and product development and distribution matters
- Must be responsive and pro-active and be able to effectively multi-task and handle a variety of matters with competing priorities in a fast – paced environment
- Must be able to work directly with and effectively communicate orally and in writing with business people and members of senior management of Canon
- He/ She must be a member of the Bar and demonstrate the ability to work across various groups both within our legal division and Canon U.S.A.’s and other Canon Americas’ various businesses
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.