We are a motivated and energized team that works hard, plays hard, and is committed to our external and internal clients' success. We place very high value on our team members, and we have built a positive, and collaborative environment. We take care of our team with great (physical and mental) health benefits, flexible vacation, and an environment where each individual can thrive. We are a results-driven company, built for people with strong self-motivation.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, this person will be an individual who has continuously demonstrated their expertise and experience in each of the major aspects of financial accounting and reporting.
As a Controller, this role supervises the company's general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections functions, but is also directly responsible for executing more complex functions. This individual will be adept at applying accounting principles and processes, analyzing financial information, and managing the monthly close process as it pertains to the company's growing operations. Experience in SAAS is preferred.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Plan, organize, coordinate and manage monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes including management of the daily accounting work, reconciliations, reporting and acting as a liaison with external auditors
- Manage routine accounting processes such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Cash Management, and effectively delegate work within the accounting group
- Monthly preparation and review of financial statements to ensure compliance with US GAAP and company policies
- Collaboration with FP&A to analyze and summarize business and financial results for management
- Maintain the capitalization table and stock option system
- Lead and manage annual financial audit and own reporting quarterly results to banks and investors
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization. Partner with non-finance business leaders to identify necessary operational process improvements
- Plan for and assist with accounting system upgrades and other process and application needs for the organization
This position requires strong leadership, organizational, collaboration, and time management skills, as well as the ability to multi task in an ever-changing environment. Requirements for the successful candidate include:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years experience as an Assistant Controller or Controller; Experience in public accounting firm is preferred
- Experience working with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company
- Ability to understand the strategic vision, but must be willing to roll up his or her sleeves
- The ability to work independently and take ownership of his/her work coupled with the ability to work on a team and contribute to that team
- The ability to deliver clear, concise, and effective messages orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, responding to needs with appropriate urgency and responsiveness
- Ability to maintain professional maturity and ability to exercise appropriate judgment
- Analytical, detail oriented, and problem solver
- Self-starter, high energy, and collaborative
- Must have strong MS Excel skills, experience with Netsuite, Expensify and Bill.com is a plus.