The Secretary is responsible for clerical support to the program. Deals with information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
The position requires a high school diploma and one year of secretarial experience or a satisfactory combination of education and experience.
Beginning level of Microsoft Word required, including creating, editing, formatting, and printing documents.
1. Type correspondence, reports, and proposals.
2. Screen and refer phone calls and inquiries to appropriate staff.
3. Schedule appointments and meetings for staff.
4. Input information into computer databases.
5. Manage filing system.
6. Requisition and monitor office supplies and equipment.
7. Sort and distribute mail, make photocopies and send faxes as needed.
EFFECTS ON END RESULTS
1. Correspondence, reports and proposals are accurate and timely.
2. Inquiries are handled professionally and accurately.
3. Schedules and appointments are maintained efficiently.
4. Databases are accurate and current.
5. Materials are filed properly and filing system is consistent with agency policy.
6. Program has adequate supplies.
7. Paperwork is distributed to appropriate staff for processing.