Strategic Link (SLCHQ.com) is looking for a Software Support Specialist I to assist clients and internal users of our proprietary software system. This position utilizes SQL, HTML and XML to research and resolve issues, analyze data and provide services for our highly-transactional applications, APIs, reports and third party interfaces.
We’re looking for technical problem solvers who are as comfortable discussing the front end of a web-based application as they are with the complex data flows and technologies interacting behind the scenes. This is neither an IT helpdesk nor a DBA position but components of each are useful in determining the root cause of perceived issues. This position participates in a rotating, compensated, emergency on-call response center.
- Develop an extensive working knowledge of the SLC product suite.
- Provide world-class end-user application support via phone and email
- Review, assess and complete customer service requests for technical support and escalate to Tier 2 support if needed.
- Facilitate problem-solving between end user and SLC development staff
- Participate with SLC development staff in testing new releases of the product
- Creating support documentation to help streamline problem solving and call resolution
- Monitor application status and provide support for issues related to the software.
- Create and update trouble tickets as required by standard procedures.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience is required
- 2+ years of combined customer service and software experience
- Ability to communicate professionally by phone and email
- Ability to cultivate positive working relationships with customers and coworkers
- Ability to effectively organize and maintain customer data
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience diagnosing problems with software products (preferred)
- Experience writing SQL in SQL Server or other RDBMS is a plus
- Self-motivated to continually improve operations when inbound requests are slow.
- Experience with lending, payments, credit or other FinTech services is a plus.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays if needed
Job Type: Full-time
- XML: 2 years (Preferred)
- diagnosing software tool: 2 years (Preferred)
- SQL: 2 years (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting: 2 years (Preferred)
Communication method(s) used: