CVS Health continues to grow and we currently have an opportunity for a Strategy Analyst, Category Strategy and Profit Improvement. The Category Strategy & Profit Improvement team develops and recommends strategies to improve business performance by working closely with Merchandising leadership in analyzing market trends and dynamics, vendor/brand economics and productivities, customer loyalty, and related assortment optimization opportunities.
The team leverages strategic sourcing and vendor negotiation tactics to bolster the impact of strategic recommendations and incrementally improve business outcomes.
The Strategy Analyst, Category Strategy & Profit Improvement will be charged with supporting and driving select strategy and profit improvement initiatives in partnership with Category Managers and Category Management leadership.
We will consider entry level candidates for high potential self starting, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial new graduates, as well as more experienced professionals with the same qualities.
Successful Candidate will exhibit:
- Drive strategy and profit improvement projects within the larger portfolio of projects
- Perform analysis to identify sales, cost, and profit opportunities across SKUs and vendors through rigorous analysis and research, including: assessment of SKU/Vendor/Brand/Promotional incrementality, competitive benchmarking (space, brands, SKUs), market insights, customer insights (eg, surveys, Customer analytics), vendor insight (cost structures, motivations), and extensive SKU/brand/vendor-level analysis (relative productivity, profitability, brand loyalty, transferability, etc.)
- Develop analytical materials to be shared internally during category reviews and assortment discussions with the Merchandising team
- Develop "Ask" materials to be shared with vendors during negotiations
- Provide direct vendor negotiations support to Merchants
- Utilize sourcing tools and processes (e.g. RFPs, eAuctions) to ensure selection of best vendors for Store Brand and other commoditized products (considering cost, quality, value, availability, etc).
- Enhance and enforce documentation, archiving, and audit processes for agreements with vendors.
- Work on special projects, ad hoc analysis, and initiatives related to assortment performance and cost reduction and management.
- Intense interest in learning new things and intellectual curiosity
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to conceptualize complex quantitative analysis and build analytical models using Microsoft Excel (or if limited prior experience – quickly learn to be an expert in Excel)
- Ability to communicate to management & key stakeholders with poise and credibility
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing via Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with Merchandising Directors & other stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing work priorities
- An open and honest communication style that quickly builds trust and respect
- You will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. You will also need to be a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment.
1+ years of analytical experience and a degree in a quantitative field
Merchandising experience - understanding of retail merchandising basics (ie, category management), and merchandising organizational structures and processes
Bachelors Degree required
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.