Rocha Nuez Associates Architects & Engineers, located in Agoura Hills, CA, is a firm that has proven to be one of the leaders in high end custom residential, commercial building design, and various health care projects. Currently, we are specializing in a wide variety of light to heavy commercial projects. The firm is seeking a full-time Senior Architectural Designer/Drafter to join the team.
This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking professional guidance and growth in a leadership role. We are looking for a team member who takes it upon themselves to succeed while enjoying the challenges that architecture brings. We are searching for a candidate who has superior communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to cultivate and maintain productive working relationships. Rocha Nuez Associates Architects & Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration, please reply to this posting with resume and portfolio samples.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be an essential part of a project team working on all phases of a design project from Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
- Participate in all aspects of a design project from design, management, and delivery.
- Responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for the overall project
- Oversee coordination of interior, MEP, and structural related disciplines during the design phase.
- Solve problems creatively with consultants
- Client and consultant interaction and collaboration as part of position responsibilities
- Professional development toward architectural licensing through work experience documentation and mentoring
- Frequent site visits and measuring of existing residential and commercial structures
- Gravity load analysis, design and calculations
Qualifications and Skills:
- All candidates must have working knowledge of AutoCAD. Working knowledge of Revit, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, SketchUp, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and other industry software is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience executing architectural projects from Design through Construction
- Comprehensive knowledge of building codes, standards and best building practices.
- Technical understanding of building science and construction contracts.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Be highly motivated, organized, ability to juggle multiple tasks and able to manage tasks and priorities to meet project deadlines.
- Flexibility to work both collaboratively and independently on projects of all scales and types
- AutoCAD Drafting: 5 years
- The ideal candidate has Specific Training and/or related Certifications, an Associates, Bachelor’s or Masters of Architecture and 2+ years of experience with all phases of commercial architecture design projects from project setup through design and through construction administration.
- Ideally the candidate will have experience in the commercial architecture industry.
Job Type: Full-time
- Drafting: 5 years (Preferred)