Are you an Early to Mid-Career Licensed Architect with residential experience looking for a new challenge? Do you have a passion around building sustainable homes? Tired of working through levels of management for decisions? Would you enjoy working directly for the owner of a growing architectural practice with the possibility of a career path to partner? Are you passionate about environmental issues? Do you like managing projects? Then, read on – this position may be for YOU!
We are seeking a team member with residential experience to assist in meeting our residential clients’growing demands around sustainability, resiliency and healthy living. Though most of our projects are residential, we have a growing number of commercial, hospitality and mixed-use and multi-family projects as time and capacity allows.
Responsibilities and Duties
Our new team member will be responsible for the following:
· Participate in all phases of the project from schematic design, bid, permit and construction including interior design and construction administration.
· Create details and construction documents for new and renovated residential projects independently in CAD. (The firm utilizes CHIEF Architect but is adding REVIT or ARCHICAD in the next several months.)
· Conduct code research needed for the project.
· Go to existing sites to measure buildings and create as-built drawings.
· Put rough schematic and design development into a presentation format for presentation to clients
· May participate in client meetings and make presentation to clients
Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelors and/or Masters of Architecture
· Approx. 5 years architectural experience in residential
· Approx. 2 years’ experience in technical design and detailing of sustainable building science construction
· Skilled with AutoCAD, REVIT, ArchiCAD, Microsoft Office Suite,Sketch Up, Adobe products (CHIEF Architect a plus); min. intermediate level Excel skills
· Understands the concepts of sustainability, LEED, Detailing for Resiliency
· Need to understand how buildings go together capable of understanding detailing – waterproofing, building science construction details
· Engaging and professional - written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
· Good organizational and document management skills
· Working knowledge of current building codes
· Understands the use of interior materials (for kitchens, baths,etc.)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time