We are seeking an individual or couple for the role of a full-time General Manager(s) at the first independent boutique hotel in Red Wing, Minnesota. This hotel is located in a beautiful natural environment which is in close proximity to numerous parks, the Mississippi River valley, and the Mississippi National Golf Links Golf Course. The hotel is only a couple of minutes drive from downtown Red Wing and the numerous restaurants, bars, and entertainment options that it has to offer. Red Wing is recognized perennially as one of the top historic towns in the United States.
The company developing this hotel has over 40 years of experience in developing and managing award-winning hospitality projects including hotels, resorts, and restaurants in Minneapolis-St. Paul and beyond. A well-known leader in the industry, a few of our awards include “Best Hotel in the Twin Cities”, “Top 20 Boutique Hotels in the World under $150”, “Top Romance - Twin Cities” (restaurant), and a resort in our portfolio has been featured on the cover of Condé Nast Traveler, among other publications.
With this position we are offering the following:
- Competitive salary with a variety of avenues to earn additional income, including various potential bonuses as well as numerous opportunities to earn tips
- Opportunity to grow your career with a reputable and growing name in the hospitality industry
- Lodging on-site is included
- Great benefits for other properties in the company’s portfolio including complimentary stays at hotels and resorts, (fine-dining) meals for you and your family/friends, private club memberships, and more.
For the General Manager position, we are looking for a candidate with the following attributes:
- Assist in building and maintaining a customer-centric operation; the guest is the number one priority at all times
- Ensure that all staff receive comprehensive training on operating and safety procedures
- Lead all front desk staff and departmental managers to ensure that all financial and reputation-oriented goals are met
- Review and manage daily administrative tasks
- Respond to reviews on third-party review sites in a timely manner
- Meet, manage, and develop short and long-term goals for the financial performance of the hotel, including setting and meeting budgets, having weekly calls with ownership to discuss financial performance, and submitting daily revenue reports
- Respond to guest’s needs in an appropriate and efficient manner at all times
- Must have the ability to move around the property on a consistent basis to check on guests, inspect the guestrooms, grounds, and all common areas to ensure that the highest quality standards are maintained at all times, as well as perform security checks, deliver items to guestrooms, and more
- Must work to ensure a complete understanding of shift-specific responsibilities
- Bartending when necessary
- The above duties are not intended to be all-inclusive and responsibilities may be added or subtracted on an ongoing basis
-Management experience in a hospitality related industry is mandatory
- High school diploma or GED is required
-Must have strong leadership ability
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Must exhibit above-average attention to detail
- Must be hard-working, dependable, and service-minded (customer first) at all times.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Google products
Please respond to this ad to schedule an interview or with additional questions.
Job Type: Full-time