Northern Light A.R. Gould
Department: Primary Care - Ft Fairfield
Position is located: Northern Light Health Center Fort Fairfield
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*$1000 sign on bonus eligible*
Using TAMC Standards of Behavior, demonstrates professionalism at all times with patients, visitors, and co-workers. A team player is necessary for this position of variable skills, organization and independent working environment. Fast paced setting requires independent thinking and ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changes. Patient Service Representative will be supervised and managed by the Manager overseeing the practice. He/she will report directly to the Practice Specialist or directly to the Manager in the absence of Practice Specialist for assistance/questions/concerns/issues regarding responsibilities (see Essential Duties below).
• Monitoring patient schedule; scheduling, rescheduling and following up on missed appointments • Answer all telephone calls – forward where appropriate or take accurate messages with dates and times. • Prepare charts, making new charts when appropriate. • All aspects of patient registration (e.g. ensuring accuracy and completeness of information needed for registration, follow-up appointments as necessary, testing/procedures scheduling, collection of co-payments as applicable). • Proper documentation of patient records. • Tracking of provider documentation. • Following ROI policy. • Verifying encounters and posting charges appropriately • Cash up sheet is generated and processed – Daily Log maintained if applicable. • Maintain safety standards and report safety issues immediately. • Maintain mandatory education compliance.
Other Information :
Competencies and Skills
- Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
- Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Serves Others: Strives to understand, meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers which may include the people and communities in our service areas. Develops and maintains relationships, alliances and coalitions within and outside the organization and leverages them in order to obtain information, support, and promote cooperation and collaboration.
- Required High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
- Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
- Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
- Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
- Prolonged periods of sitting.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Prolonged periods of walking.