GENERAL SUMMARY: The primary focus of the Key Holder is to support the Store Manager in creating and managing a team of customer service and product knowledge experts who are committed to building and sustaining a long term relationship with our customers by providing an environment that enhances the buying experience. The Key Holder is responsible for assisting in the overall operation and performance of the store, which includes sales, merchandising, operations, staff supervision, training and development, loss prevention and expense control. They are accountable for helping to drive sales and profitability. Our Key Holders must adhere to all company guidelines, procedures and applicable state and federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations. They must demonstrate high standards of performance and act as a role model by exhibiting those standards. DXL Key Holders should have a passion for clothing and fashion and the ability to sell and market a broad range of apparel, including tailored clothing, and hard line merchandise. The ability to develop and maintain long term customer relationships is critical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help create and maintain a store culture focused on the customer, enhance the buying experience and build relationships that lead to long term business growth. Demonstrate detailed knowledge of all products and services.
- Responsible for achieving individual sales goals and assisting Store Manager in ensuring the store meets its sales plan.
- Assists Store Manager in monitoring and positively affecting profitability in the areas of customer service, sales, inventory/expense control and risk management.
- Assists Store Manager with hiring associates that support our customer focused culture.
- Help train, develop and coach associates on selling skills and behaviors and operational procedures; lead by example.
- Responsible for effective implementation of all visual merchandising standards and operational direction.
- Ensure that standards are being followed including floor sets, cleanliness, marketing, signage and sales promotion. Help create merchandise presentations and displays that have impact, are customer focused and maximize sales.
- Effectively communicate with Store Manager and associates on a daily basis.
- Ensure each customer is welcomed into the store in a warm and genuinely sincere manner.
- Ensure the appropriate quality time is spent with the customer, asking questions in order to learn about his/her needs, preferences and lifestyle.
- Go above and beyond the customer’s initial requests and assist in fulfilling his/her wardrobe needs by recommending complete outfits.
- Ensure each customer is connected to the brand by engaging him/her in our loyalty program, and turning them into DXLG “fans” by encouraging return visits.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Critical relationships and partners include: Store Operations, Human Resources, Merchandising, Marketing, Distribution Center, and Call Center.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of retail experience, with at least 1 year in a supervisory capacity.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college or university degree helpful, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, creative problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates superior customer service techniques and experience with problem/complaint resolution.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret company policies and procedures and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong basic math skills and solid computer skills.
- Ability to learn, interpret, apply and retain a variety of instructions and policies and procedures furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Applicants considered for this position will be required to pass a pre-employment assessment and may be required to pass a background check.ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.*
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.**
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance.**
- The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.**
- The associate must regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.**
- Associate must be available to travel to neighboring store locations as needed.*
Job Types: Part-time, Commission
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Alpharetta, GA (Preferred)