BASIC FUNCTION: Supervise and guide designated properties in achieving owners’ objectives for maximum results and asset enhancement; support Our Town Hospitality (OTH) and Sotherly Hotels’ strategic direction and culture. Cultivate and champion “Genuine Southern Hometown Hospitality”
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Fifteen (15) years of progressive management experience in upscale/luxury hotel/resort environment with multi-property experience required.
- College Degree or equivalent industry recognition
- Proven leadership skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of Personal Luxury concepts, hotels, resorts and/or conference centers required
- Supervisory and personnel management experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to sell ideas
- Willing to be entrepreneurial and to take risks
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines
- Excellent organizational, time-management and analytical skills
- Positive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality and strong leadership skills
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance in all situations
a) Know the business.
b) Build outstanding teams by employing the best talent.
c) Uphold philosophy and values of owner and Our Town Hospitality.
d) Hold each property’s leadership accountable for results providing support as needed.
e) Provide direction, leadership for bottom-line results in all operational aspects of the properties within the region.
f) Ensure property management teams are focused on priorities in line with company culture, business goals, and initiatives.
g) Research and introduce best practices to continually improve the operations of OTH managed projects.
h) Take the lead on specific company projects and initiatives as called upon.
i) Assess performance of properties against established measures and ensure corrective action and continuous improvement plans are in place.
a) Support each property’s drive for new market and business development.
b) Assist with new business development.
3. Community Relations:
a) Take a leadership role in, appropriate professional associations, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations and community groups
b) Ensure the property management team become leaders in local community organizations
c) Ensure that each property participates in relevant industry, trade and community events
d) Ensure each property has an effective Hometown Hospitality program
4. Revenues, Occupancy and Profits:
a) Understand owner and management company objectives.
b) Meet with members of the Leadership and Management teams as appropriate to support revenue maximization.
c) Support the optimization of financial results for each property through effective revenue maximization, cost management, and resource application.
5. Quality Hospitality – Guest Experience and General Organization:
a) Support programs to enhance product and service at a four-diamond and Personal Luxury level.
b) Utilize guest feedback to identify trends to improve performance.
c) Identify meaningful achievement goals. Provide standards to measure performance. Review periodically.
d) Ensure that a maximum level of guest satisfaction and employee satisfaction are achieved.
e) Partner with other CEO, COO and other corporate resources to deliver outstanding internal customer service and carry out company initiatives.
6. Employee Relations Program:
a) Utilize employee feedback to identify trends to improve performance.
b) Monitor each property to ensure that the environment encourages an exchange of information and builds rapport between employees and management.
c) Support employee development and succession planning for all line level positions.
d) Ensure that on-going communication occurs with each property.
7. Employee Recruitment, Development and Training:
a) Provide a leadership role in the selection, training, development and retention of property management teams.
8. Building Asset Management:
a) Ensure effective programs are in place and well managed.
b) Ensure regular walk-through inspections for cleanliness and maintenance…”Every Square Inch”
c) Support property leadership in creating appropriate capital recommendations to improve property value and operations
a) Ensure that each property is in compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS: Perform other related duties as requested by the Chief Executive Officer.
TRAVEL: Substantial travel required to adequately perform the essential job functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $175,000.00 per year
- Upper-Upscale/Luxury Hospitality: 4 years (Required)
- Hospitality Management: 10 years (Required)
- Regional Operations Management: 4 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19