Woven Health Clinic (WHC) - Dallas, TX
(full time position or part-time with minimum 30 hours per week)
WHC is a growing nonprofit medical clinic located in north Dallas. Position duties will include general accounting activities as assigned by the Executive Director. The Accounting Specialist is the single source accountant for the clinic and will work closely with the Executive Director and Finance Committee. Responsibilities includes all accounting functions with emphasis on the following:
- Record all accounting transactions in Quickbooks and prepare financial statements on a monthly basis including preparation of Balance Sheet and P&L for Finance Committee review
- Manage the invoice process for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable for data entry and tracking into accounting system. Produce detailed report on outstanding AP and AR
- Establish a purchase order tracking system.
- Track and reconcile credit card deposits to patient visits and bank account and calculation of credit card processing fees.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and posting transactions in QuickBooks.
- Responsible for pharmaceutical inventory reconciliation and recording.
- Track restricted grant activity including detail of qualified expenditures by program/grantor. This requires apportionment of employee and other clinic expenses. Prepare grant reports as required.
- Run bi-weekly payroll for WHC employees (currently 9 employees) using Quickbooks online payroll processing. Responsible for filing all federal and state payroll tax reports.
- Research, verify and prepare invoices for review and approval for Executive Director.
- Integral in coordinating and supporting annual external audit of financial results.
- Establish processes and procedures in conjunction with Executive Director
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Completes assignments on‐time and as needed to accomplish Accounting and WHC mission.
- Strong computer skills. Advanced Excel and QuickBooks are required.
- Experience in payroll processing
- Willingness to learn new skills such as financial analysis, forecasts and budget preparation
- Must be a dependable, self-starter and detail & deadline oriented
- Strong desire for accuracy and problem resolution
- Reliable and able to work a consistent schedule onsite.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Customer service attitude with excellent communication skills
- BBA, Accounting or Associates Degree in Accounting, or in process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Accounting: 3+ years required, 5+ years preferred
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)