Duracell is an iconic brand and the world’s leading manufacturer of high-performance alkaline batteries, power cells, and rechargeable. We are the most trusted source of personal power because of our sustained commitment to innovation, producing more compact, more powerful, and longer lasting batteries.
The Thermoforming Technical Operator is responsible for following the coaching and direction of the Team/Line/Business Leaders.
As a Thermoforming Technical Operator, some of your essential duties and responsibilities may include:
· Ensure operation of thermoforming equipment by completing preventive maintenance procedures.
Troubleshoot and repair equipment as needed.
· Maintain accurate records of production and maintenance activities.
· Inspect and repair pneumatic, electronic, electrical, and mechanical systems on thermoforming equipment.
· Identify sources of problems by observing thermoforming equipment in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Ensure Critical Duracell Management System (Safety, Quality, Daily Directional Setting, Clean Inspect and Lube, Center Line) are reviewed during each daily directional setting meeting.
Share appropriate information (i.e. operating area plan for the shift)
· Maintain line appearance at the defined standard
· Know your team’s shift results everyshift
· Safety: Behavioral Observation Sheet completion, and record any incidents
· Quality: Status of on hold product. Able to use electronic systems to ensure that nonconforming product is placed on hold and communicated to Team Leader.
· Understanding line Results: number of stops, downtime, issues on entire line.
· Process Results: CPEs (Critical Process Equipment)/centerline completion & compliance, manage changeover and start up/shut down process
· Planned Maintenance work (with PM Planner): If Down Do’s complete; completion of Shift Leader Hand off
· Ensure that the line is following the correct process orders and plan for the next order
· Ensure production is entered in downtime tracking
· Ensure line board is accurately completed
· Owns final confirmations of finish good product
· Build mastery in operating responsibilities (i.e. Step Up Cards, skill matrix)
· Always reach consensuswith the Team Leader on daily Department plan (i.e. how to run the line pertaining to schedule, process issues, special runs & etc.).
· Play a key role in new technician on-boarding and development
· Escalate issues/help requests to the Team Leader or Line Leader
Please consider applying if you have:
· High school diploma or GED required
· Strong mechanical, manufacturing and/or thermoforming (plastic) experience.
· Working knowledge of production/packaging environment and machinery
· Ability to read, write effectively as well as an acute attention to detail.
· Strong mechanical/troubleshooting skills are preferred
· Good communication/interpersonal skills
· Ability to work flexible shifts and work up to a (12) hour shift.
· Sits or stand for prolonged period of times
· Able to wear site PPE as required
· Be able to walk for extended distance or time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Thermoforming (plastics): 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person