Acts a liaison between the Distribution Centers and the Home Office Merchandising Department by representing the interests of Merchandising, Planning & Allocation, and Stores. Responsibilities are primarily performed on the receiving dock of a Distribution Center. Both Weekday shifts and Weekend Shifts available.
- Ensures merchandise meets purchase order expectations inspecting for brand, quality, price, and quantity.
- Checks the purchase order instructions for hangtag, label, or any other requirements.
- Partners and collaborates with all appropriate resources in the Distribution Center and Home Office to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Communicates Planning objectives to DC team and vice versa.
- Proactively addresses Vendor Compliance issues and opportunities in the way vendors pack, ticket, and ship merchandise.
- Informs the DC of inbound and current merchandising issues through email and tracking documents.
- Develops and applies in-depth understanding of all DC and Merchandise work management systems and tools to effectively problem solve.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with general warehouse associates, DC management, and Planning & Allocation.
- Answers general warehouse associate questions pertaining to purchase orders.
- Issues direction for re-work in the DC.
- Answers all Planning calls and requests including taking photos and sending samples.
- Approves high dollar damages.
- Identifies, initiates, and follows up on return to vendor issues, giving direction for preparation of final disposition of goods.
- Completes daily communication logs between shifts.
- Identifies and communicates immediately to manager and team members merchandising issues that have large scope/financial impact.
- Trains new Merchandise Controllers and other members of management as needed.
- Answers Sierra store inquiries for merchandise price information and provides feedback to DC management.
- Ensures building compliance with best practices related to merchandise.
- Researches and answers inquiries from accounts payable.
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Retail, etc., preferred or equivalent job experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills as well as flexibility and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Works well with little supervision, self-motivated
- Ability to multi task
- Strong PC skills including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- Displays strong follow through skills to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Utilizes active listening skills to effectively communicate with all levels
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to informally influence
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a climate controlled distribution center environment while standing and walking on a constant basis
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person