The Co-op student will assist Project Manager – in all items listed below with concentration on Field Construction at the Macy’s Stores. This co-op is considered primarily a field position with some office time and will report to the Director of Construction.
Occasionally required to be on-site at least 5 days a week.
Assist Construction Administrator with day to day project management.
Quantify and track purchase orders for owner supplied items.
Assist in the preparation of contracts for consultant and contracts.
Participate in the bidding negotiation and award process.
Track and monitor all field instructions and change orders for additional work.
Monitor the project and remodel phasing schedule and implement recovery strategies to mitigate delays.
Provide for accurate and timely project close-outs.
Complete on-going review of plans and specifications during design and development of construction documents. Focus on elimination of past errors.
Coordinate the drawing development and complete the drawing review checklist with Store Planning.
Conduct an on-going review of all additional costs to contracts. Insure they are valid, reasonable and accurate. Properly scrutinize all change order requests as prepared by contractors.
Monitor the commitments of all pre-purchased material. Verify quantities required versus quantities ordered. Coordinate delivery dates, shipments and approval in processing of related invoices. Insure products are delivered on time.
Serve as Macy’s Inc on-site representative and agent to insure schedules are maintained and all work is fabricated and installed at the highest quality level.
Assist with the preparation of punch list and coordinate and monitor completion of same.
Assist in project closeout within 30 days of store opening or completion of project renovation.
Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Year: Junior/Senior In College
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Majors: Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail
- This position requires regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.