This position is located in Sugar Land, TX.
- Manages warehouse inventory and maintains database.
- Maintains an accurate running inventory.
- Coordinates and schedules the movement of products throughout the warehouse including storage and shipment of finished products.
- Restocks supplies and inventory; places blanket and special orders as needed.
- Implements daily production and shipping plan, arranging for excess stock to be stored in warehouse.
- Manages daily flow of finished products by modifying storage space assignments.
- Confirms availability of items to be shipped by verifying inventory records or conducting inventories of required items.
- Identifies and reports slow-moving product and with approval, arranges for the removal of the product.
- Manually handles, repacks, or restacks pallets of finished product as needed.
- Operates forklift truck as needed.
- Documents all related activities and completes forms and reports.
- Enters purchase order data in the inventory control system.
- Accepts, verifies, inspects, and records all deliveries according to policy.
- Records, reports, and returns defective items.
- Maintains the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse area.
- Handles complaints related to shipments; notifies supervisor of any shipping or receiving issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Proficient with inventory control systems.
- Thorough understanding of warehouse policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of or ability to quickly learn company product codes and terminology.
- Good analytical skills and ability to make sound judgments relative to inventory.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license for forklift truck required.
- At least two years of work experience in a warehouse required.
- Must be able to complete various activities in the warehouse that may require hours of lifting, standing, and carrying
- Ability to move around the warehouse
Custom Alloy Corporation is a manufacturing company located in rural Hunterdon County, NJ, producing high quality custom steel seamless and welded pipe fittings and forgings for commercial, nuclear, defense, aerospace and utility use, as well as subsea applications and gas transmission. Custom Alloy is an industry leader worldwide for delivering its quality products on time.
Custom Alloy Corporation offers a wide range of career opportunities for individuals seeking employment in a manufacturing environment as well as office personnel. We frequently search for high quality individuals that strengthen our outstanding team. Custom Alloy offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
Three health insurance plan options
Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
Company Paid Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account
Paid Time Off
Employee referral program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled