The Lifeguard is responsible for the safety of members while on the pool deck.Â The incumbent provides high level of customer service and ensures a safe and positive program environment.Â
- Explain and enforce facility regulations, policies, and procedures to patrons.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to ensure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Remain alert and use all senses while on shift.
- Maintain a proactive focus to minimize the possibility of patron injury.
- Test the chemical levels, record results and report imbalances to the supervisor on a daily basis.
- Record daily participation numbers and complete daily activity reports.
- Present professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Maintain pleasant relations with guests and staff through exceptional customer service.
- Keep accurate records of incident reports, maintenance, and chemical testing.
- Attend all scheduled in-services and trainings.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum 15 years of age.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (or equivalent training).
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer (or equivalent training).
- The physical requirements for this position are hearing, speaking, seeing, bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, and being able to stand for 4 to 8 hours, or the ability to accomplish the physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The duties of this position may change from time to time. Sabes Jewish Community Center reserves the right to add, delete or modify these duties and responsibilities at its discretion. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.50 to $15.50 /hour
- Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED