At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
SEO Strategist and Writer
In this role you will use data, research and collaborate with our internal and external digital partners to influence SEO driven content strategy and execute against the strategy. You’ll be an integral part of ensuring that we create and publish quality content that resonates with our customers and ultimately drives quality organic traffic.
What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll need to have:
- As part of the Content Team, you’ll orchestrate, ideate, and own content that drives our SEO strategies forward.
- Attend weekly or biweekly calls with our SEO partner to discuss ideation, monitoring, insights and recommendations that influence overall SEO content strategy.
- Attend weekly or biweekly calls with our Content Marketing partner to ensure we’re optimizing SEO value in Content Marketing.
- Identify content needs based on your research and analysis.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to create high-quality content and ensure the necessary approvals.
- Contribute to the production of SEO content.
- Ensure that published pieces ultimately reflect our overall SEO strategy and integrate SEO best practices (optimized page titles, meta descriptions, H tags, URLs, etc.).
- Update existing pieces to be better optimized at winning in the search results.
- Track the organic performance of content and continuously test and tweak to understand traffic drivers and identify improvements for greater success.
- 2-3 years’ experience as an SEO Specialist with a focus on content.
- Familiar with Google Analytics – should be able to monitor, annotate and pull trends that impact organic traffic
- Expert use of Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Has a self-starter mentality and energy, able to work in a fast-paced, seasonal business.
- Experience making data-driven decisions using analytics
- Good project management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices and industry standards as it relates to content
- A passion for creating and leveraging content and data to drive organic traffic
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Pay Type Salary