GDIT is seeking Mid & Senior level Network Engineers to support our SIPR LCR Contract at the Pentagon.
These positions are currently CONTINGENT upon contract funding.
These positions are ideal for someone with knowledge and experience with the system development life cycle and design, integration and implementation of large, enterprise scale data communications network infrastructures. Combining the latest technologies with industry best practices, engineers work both independently and as a team to provide IT related support for the Defense Information Systems Agency/Joint Service Provider (DISA/JSP). The responsibilities include:
- Analyzes network topologies, traffic and capacity requirements.
- Install, configure and maintain network devices.
- Ability to rack and stack network devices following diagrams and cut sheets.
- Verify service by testing installed equipment; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- Knowledge of network cabling test equipment including network testers, copper cable testers, fiber OTDRs and fiber power meters.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- Ability to work nights (2000-0600 / 8pm EST-6am EST) when needed.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE) or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
- Hands-on experience in network analysis and design (2-5 yrs for MID Level & 5-8 yrs for SR Level).
- Knowledge of Layer 2 & Layer 3 switching, VLANs, VRFs, firewalls, proxy servers, VPN equipment, router access lists, servers, and other enterprise network equipment.
- Experience with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides for network devices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and must be able to prepare Visio drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Willingness to work nights (2000-0600 / 8pm EST-6am EST) when needed.
- Hands on network experience in support of large data centers.
- Working knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, and Aruba platforms.
- Experience with Remedy.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.