Cristal and its 4,500 employees across five continents are proud market leaders in manufacturing titanium products. Cristal provides numerous products and services to industries around the globe, from pigments to coatings to colorings.
We are passionate about pursuing perfection in our work and we strive to help our customers by providing innovative solutions that break through the barriers of traditional product offerings. Our people make Cristal’s ongoing success possible and through their passion, talent and commitment they help us to make the world brighter.
About The Role
The Manger – Reliability & Mechanical Integrity is responsible for leading the reliability engineering and inspection resources to ensure safe, permit-compliant, efficient, and effective operations on a twenty-four hour/day, continuously-operated facility. Key working relationships and accountabilities include Production, Maintenance, Engineering, and Global Reliability departments. Work hours are generally day shift, Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM. This position may be called upon during off hours for advice and information as required to support the needs of the plants. This is a Safety Cristal role.
Key activities include:
- Accountable for unit/plant operational excellence (safety, compliance, reliability, quality, and cost) performance with emphasis on reliability
- Direct activities of Reliability Engineering
- Work with fellow superintendents to drive reliability/maintenance system and programs
- Provide technical guidance to Operations and Maintenance with trouble shooting, optimizing day to day operations and process improvements
- Accountable for safety goals and Critical Success Factors for safety performance by active participation and leadership in solving safety issues, safety and housekeeping programs
- Plan and execute initiatives to accomplish unit/plant goals and drive a positive trend on unit key performance indicators
- Provide input to Regional Reliability Director for development of maintenance contracting strategy, and implementing national and regional agreements
- Assist in development, evaluation and execution of plan projects
- Ensure O/E and ISO standards are implemented and adhered to in your area
- Ensure total incident reporting and corrective action implementation in your assigned area
- Develop and monitor expense budgets for unit/plant and for your site with peers
- Communicate frequently with technical employees, unit employees and shift superintendents to ensure alignment and to monitor/maintain employee morale
- Effectively work to resolve issues and implement programs/projects to increase reliability/improve performance
- Ensure training/develop of employees in your organization
- Ensure maximum value realized from SAP and maintenance support systems
- Manage the performance and development of personnel through on-going feedback, performance reviews, coaching, counseling, and recognition
- Maintain and encourage collaborative resolutions and communications of work issues among employees, departments and various work groups
- Implement maintenance best practices and serve on best practice teams
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
You should possess:
- 7 years of manufacturing experience
- Prior supervisory experience highly desirable
- Previous TiO2 Chemical Plant Experience preferred
- OHSA 30 Safety Certificate
- Knowledge or various equipment and machinery
- Mechanical Aptitude – use of precision measurement tools and assembly techniques
- Understanding of Chemistry and Physics
- Understanding of Welding Principles
- Equipment Vibration and Equipment Alignment Experience
- API 510, 570 and 653 knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of chemical/industrial equipment function, design, and regulatory requirements and PSM Mechanical Integrity.
- Knowledge or various electrical equipment, instruments and pneumatic devices.
- Experience in the use of reliability and statistical analysis for predicting equipment life, safety, risk, and cost of ownership. (Weibull, Crow-AMSAA, Monte Carlo Simulations) a plus.
- ISO System and Procedures knowledge.
- Excellent understanding of the National Electric Code.
- ISO System and Procedures knowledge.
- Functionality with various computer programs, specifically Microsoft Office and SAP
Cristal’s Ashtabula Complex, consisting of two plants about a mile apart from one another, is Cristal’s largest TiO2 production facility and accounts for 30 percent of the company’s overall production. The two plants occupy approximately 140 acres adjacent to Fields Brook, one and a half miles south of Lake Erie, and are located about an hour from Downtown Cleveland.
Among Cleveland’s many highlights are the second-largest theater complex in the U.S. (after New York City), the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & Museum, the world-class Cleveland Orchestra, major professional baseball, football, and basketball teams, and one of the most extensive and interconnected city park systems in the country, providing many things to do and see in the area year round.
At Cristal we value the contribution of all our people in making us a global market leader in the titanium industry. We invest in employee development and we provide a wide range of career opportunities, offering everyone the chance to broaden their experience and build a professionally rewarding career as we work together to unleash the brilliance of titanium.
We offer a competitive salary with an annual bonus and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability with buy-up option, basic life & AD&D insurance with buy-up option for self and dependents, 401(k) with company match, and pension.
Read about "EEO is the Law"